My package never arrived (Chinese saw)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get used to using 17track if you like buying stuff from china.

Last fall I ordered a $20 item (can't remember what now / was for a CS tho') with USPS TRK# from a USA ebayer.
I chk'd my mail everyday, when it I noticed it hadn't arrived, I asked my carrier. She looked at her hand-held and
said she delivered it the day before. Ebay confirmed it was delivered according to the USPS TRK#.
End of story! Whatever happened- I never got it! She prob- dropped it in another m/box....by mistake :eek:

"The shipping company left it at the street near my mailbox. "

Who was the shipping company? If it is the USPS, do they always leave packages up by the road? How many folks would pass a chainsaw sitting on the road?

"The shipping company left it at the street near my mailbox. "

Who was the shipping company? If it is the USPS, do they always leave packages up by the road? How many folks would pass a chainsaw sitting on the road?
For me USPS would put a slip in the mailbox, come get at post office. Fed ex is the one that leaves stuff by the roadside. Ups will use the driveway and deliver close if trees are sufficiently trimmed.

Occasionally senders make a signature necessary.

Like others I have had stuff show up a day after tracked delivered.

I've had it happen too. Internet tracking showed package as delivered, the mail had already come, but no package.

Side note: A few years back, I watched some crackhead steal a package from my neighbor's mailbox and drive away, so I jumped in my truck and chased them down my dead-end road. Got license number to report it to neighbor/cops (didn't want to confront driver, good way to get shot around here) but then a while later, I watched as crackhead replaced package in neighbor's mailbox. (With an apology note according to my neighbor...apparently the theives thought I was the package recipient.)

Anyway, so I figured the same thing happened with my package. Went to post office and asked – and there was my mail carrier – and she said, "It wouldn't fit in your mailbox, but I had already scanned it as 'delivered,' so I figured I would deliver it tomorrow."

Sounds sketchy, I know, but entirely true story. Might be what happened to the OP.

I have had great luck with ebay resolution.

One thing I have had happen it it marked delivered and a day or two later it actually be delivered. I think they do it like that to get their quota of on time delivery to be right so they scan it early and not get it dropped off. Also it could be at a neighbors house?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I see that all the time here with Amazon Prime they mark it delivered and I get it the next day .

I've had it happen too. Internet tracking showed package as delivered, the mail had already come, but no package.

Side note: A few years back, I watched some crackhead steal a package from my neighbor's mailbox and drive away, so I jumped in my truck and chased them down my dead-end road. Got license number to report it to neighbor/cops (didn't want to confront driver, good way to get shot around here) but then a while later, I watched as crackhead replaced package in neighbor's mailbox. (With an apology note according to my neighbor...apparently the theives thought I was the package recipient.)

Anyway, so I figured the same thing happened with my package. Went to post office and asked – and there was my mail carrier – and she said, "It wouldn't fit in your mailbox, but I had already scanned it as 'delivered,' so I figured I would deliver it tomorrow."

Sounds sketchy, I know, but entirely true story. Might be what happened to the OP.
Naw, they know what package will fit they do thousands of them.

The shipping company says they left my package at the street near my mailbox. I never seen it. Now I reported it to the seller, next is eBay. Me and my two boys were looking forward to beat the snots out of it. One boy is still in therapy. Torn pelvis. Bummer I didn’t get the saw.
Bill-
So was this a 'kit saw' / cheapy 50cc or what? Just curious? If you said already I missed it...
We won't bust on you....for telling us. LOL

Dropping it @ the roadside is not acceptable in my opinion- out here if you need to sign for it,
USPS will drop a notice in the M/box, if its to big for the M/box drive it up to the house & honk.
UPS or Fedsux! always come to my door.
I would be pissed if it was left on the street! No wonder its gone, great service, huh!

Naw, they know what package will fit they do thousands of them.

You calling me a liar, Friendo?

There was a bunch of other mail that they also needed to deliver that day. So no, the package would not have fit with the other mail into the box. She often simply rubber-bands oversize packages to the open door of the mailbox, but not on this occasion.

When the carrier takes a large package back, they leave a pickup card, that you take to the post office to pick up the package.

That was the detail that made the whole thing sound sketchy to me when the carrier admitted she had not delivered the package. Because there was no card.

But if it was the mail carrier who planned to steal my package (and then blame the local theives for the loss), what made her suddenly change her mind when I went to the post office? Why didn't she simply say, "Yeah, I delivered it. Did you not get it?"

When the carrier takes a large package back, they leave a pickup card, that you take to the post office to pick up the package.

In theory, yes. In the real world, not always. When I have a sub carrier for USPS they frequently say no one was home or there was no safe place to leave the package and they left me a notice. My computer is 12' from my front door and they neither rang the bell nor left a note. If I complain the problem goes away.

Latest posts

Back