New Stihl 460 is in!! Pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWME

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It came in a few days before I was expecting it! Dealer cut the price to $850 and gave me a 6 pack of Ultra oil mix for free. First time posting pics so I hope this works!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And some more random Pics... The older saw in the pics is my 440. I tore it down to change out the fuel line, impulse line, and intake boot tonight. It runs much better now... Compression is down to 120 pounds now so a rebuild is definately in the near future.
New saw has 160PSI cold though! 460 definately has the low end yank I was looking for with the 25" bar. In the pics those logs are why I needed the 460. My helper's name is Gunner.

I also said that I wasn't going to Mod this saw with the Dual Port cover... After seeing the stock port I am retracting that statement. I see what you guys were saying now...

Nice lookin saw huh! Definitely crack that muffler open with the dual port cover the 460 really responds. I think I said in the your other thread as well, get a set of the large felling spikes while you're at the dealer, the 460 will certainly be able to power through your cut when you bite in with them.

Have fun and saw safe!!

Just finished my first season with my 460...I wonder how I made it without one. Got into some big oak and elm, ate it rite up.

Yeah..what kind of project are you doing the glue-up for?

In one of the pics you can see part of an end table/coffe table set I am working on. The glue up is the coffe table top. The end table tops are standing up somewhere in there:) I started these two years ago for someone else but they backed out. We just finished our house so I am finally getting them done up for my living room. We had our trailer hauled off and a new Modular Ranch set on a new foundation.

Looking back at the pics I really need to take a day and clean up the shop. The place is a pig pen. With a 15 month old baby girl time is at a premium so it gets clutered quick when you never put anything away.

In one of the pics you can see part of an end table/coffe table set I am working on. The glue up is the coffe table top. The end table tops are standing up somewhere in there:) I started these two years ago for someone else but they backed out. We just finished our house so I am finally getting them done up for my living room. We had our trailer hauled off and a new Modular Ranch set on a new foundation.

Looking back at the pics I really need to take a day and clean up the shop. The place is a pig pen. With a 15 month old baby girl time is at a premium so it gets clutered quick when you never put anything away.

Well, you should see my shop...just finishing up a rebuild of my snow plow pump/valve body/tank, wound up spilling transmission fluid and goop on the floor, no Oil-Dri in da house, but soaked it up w/planer shavings. I have a 22" x 6 ft. slab of cherry that I am going to use for our coffee table, but time got short, Took almost 2 yrs. of goofing around to finally finish up a bath remodel.

BTW: new 460 rep for ye.

Dude

Nice saw...BTW, what's up with the Pine?..lol..Don't you know that we are not allowed to burn that except in campfires...

I'll give you a rep for your dog..that is a good looking weimaraner.

Well, you should see my shop...just finishing up a rebuild of my snow plow pump/valve body/tank, wound up spilling transmission fluid and goop on the floor, no Oil-Dri in da house, but soaked it up w/planer shavings. I have a 22" x 6 ft. slab of cherry that I am going to use for our coffee table, but time got short, Took almost 2 yrs. of goofing around to finally finish up a bath remodel.

BTW: new 460 rep for ye.

Planer shavings are great for that sort of thing. Added bonus the oil soaked shavings are a great fire starter!
6' slab, Sounds about right for cherry. Every Cherry tree I have seen in this area goes about 5-6 feet and then crooks in another direction. Not sure how we get 8' boards at the lumber yard:confused:

My issue with some stuff taking a long time is it is normally a job I got burned on. People want custom furniture but then when it comes time to pay up they don't want the items. Been burned more than a few times now. Gave up trying to sell my stuff. That is why I have had the tables in the shop for 2 years...

Dude

Nice saw...BTW, what's up with the Pine?..lol..Don't you know that we are not allowed to burn that except in campfires...

I'll give you a rep for your dog..that is a good looking weimaraner.

We cleared our lot for the new house to come in. Unfortunately a lot of the trees were Pine instead of Oak. I still got 4.5-5 cords of Oak under the overhang from the land clearing though.

Some of it will go into a camp fire... Free is free and it will keep me warm when I am home!!

Thanks for the Weim rep=) He is a really good Boy. First two years I wondered if he would ever calm down but now that he is three he is an AWESOME friend. He loves fishing, boat rides, truck rides, walks, sticking his big nose into everything, and most of all Hunting! If I want to keep him busy for an hour a 22lr shot into the dirt pile out back will keep him looking for nothing. Fun watching him work the brush. They are the smartest dumb dogs on the planet.:clap:

Planer shavings are great for that sort of thing. Added bonus the oil soaked shavings are a great fire starter!
6' slab, Sounds about right for cherry. Every Cherry tree I have seen in this area goes about 5-6 feet and then crooks in another direction. Not sure how we get 8' boards at the lumber yard:confused:

My issue with some stuff taking a long time is it is normally a job I got burned on. People want custom furniture but then when it comes time to pay up they don't want the items. Been burned more than a few times now. Gave up trying to sell my stuff. That is why I have had the tables in the shop for 2 years...

I've mostly build red cedar blanket chests for the last few years, word of mouth only...no orders this past Christmas,1st time in 5 yrs. where I didn't at least build one...people don't realize how much time it takes to create furniture, especially starting from scratch with rough-sawn lumber, planing, jointing sizing...you know the rest. Yah, those shavings came in handy on a few occasions when the fire in the OWB died, and needed to get a blaze going quickly....Anyway, do get some different size bars for your 460....with a 20", it's like having a hot saw!

I've mostly build red cedar blanket chests for the last few years, word of mouth only...no orders this past Christmas,1st time in 5 yrs. where I didn't at least build one...people don't realize how much time it takes to create furniture, especially starting from scratch with rough-sawn lumber, planing, jointing sizing...you know the rest. Yah, those shavings came in handy on a few occasions when the fire in the OWB died, and needed to get a blaze going quickly....Anyway, do get some different size bars for your 460....with a 20", it's like having a hot saw!

Funny, the other project I was burned on last year was a blanket chest, small world:) Raised panels, cedar lined, the works. With the advent of particle board junk at the box stores real furniture is of very little value now. People don't know the difference. Why buy a table from me for $300 when they can get a table at wally mart for $20. Anyway

I have 18", 20", and 25" bars now. I have been running the 18" bar with an 8 pin sprocket on the 440 for bucking. Going to do the same on the new 460 and the new 20" bar. With a nice fresh ground chain and the 8 pin sprocket you can really tear through the wood in a hurry.

Back