NOS treasure on ebay!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup...That was me and I WAS hoping no one would post this on here. Now I don't have a chance of winning the auction. Oh well...Anyone got a top for a Contra/Lightning?

sorry . . .i got excited, nobody in my house cared when i showed them, figured you fellers would, just wanted to share . . .also figured it was already broadcast to the world via ebay . . .but i will indeed keep my enthusiasm in better check next time

Last edited:
Don't sweat it, I bet most folks here watch the Bay like a hawk. I know I saw that earlier, just figured everyone knew about it. Although that is oldest NOS saw I have seen on the Bay. Place your bids gentlemen!

sorry . . .i got excited, nobody in my house cared when i showed them, figured you fellers would, just wanted to share . . .also figured it was already broadcast to the world via ebay . . .but i will indeed keep my enthusiasm in better check next time

Well, you could make up for it by buying it and parting it out - remember, 7oaks gets the top cover.

What ya waitin for Bill.
You know me, I'd a been lookin
at that bad boy if it were close to me.:cheers:

Lee

I should go look at it and then I should run over to the west to see the other new one here. It sure looks that the story of 5 is true. Now I know of 4 of the 5. Who has the last one? Come on fess up.

If this makes no sense go back and do a search or I will add more info later.

Bill

Yup...That was me and I WAS hoping no one would post this on here. Now I don't have a chance of winning the auction. Oh well...Anyone got a top for a Contra/Lightning?

http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/buttkick.gif

RE: TOP COVER
Might be worth molding one outa fibre glass - if someone can lend you one.
Am keeping my eyes open as sure others are..for ya.

...Carl

Now that saw actually looks grey to me. It is said my newer saws are grey, they look white to me. Must have changed paint at some time. Bootiffull saw!

Me thinks it's had the re-spray job too( to grey).Suss it's not what's advertised.
Books can be printed.Paper can be found.Original box hmm...all fabable or sittin at the back of a workshop.Original tools/bar....where ?
YES I AM SUSS SOMETIMES too.......SO IF HE MAKES $1000 OR MORE WAS IT WORTH IT.......?
Be interested to hear what Bill says, if he gets to check her out.
Will be the first to say I'm wrong....needs be.

:greenchainsaw:

I should go look at it and then I should run over to the west to see the other new one here. It sure looks that the story of 5 is true. Now I know of 4 of the 5. Who has the last one? Come on fess up.

If this makes no sense go back and do a search or I will add more info later.

Bill

Hmmmmmmmm......................Wonder how that would look in.....never mind...

I just sent the seller a message. It is going to be tight getting down there to look at it before Sunday night. I am going to try. It will depend on the weather. If it is raining then it should not be a problem.

Bill

I heard from the owner and I will be looking at it in the morning.

I do not plan on bidding but I do want to check a few things

Bill

I heard from the owner and I will be looking at it in the morning.

I do not plan on bidding but I do want to check a few things
l

well do share your findings and even if it is all the the seller claims on ebay . . .tell me it isn't, so i can feel good about not bidding on it.

I took a look at the saw Sunday morning. The seller was a stand up guy. The saw was just as he described. As I promised I offered to inspect it but not bid. I made the same offer on the other 2 of the 5 new ones that were just south of me and sold on ebay. Just like then no one seemed to care. All I can say at this point is the story of 5 new Lighting's is complete and confirmed.:)

Bill

Last edited:
Back