Now taking pre-orders on 044,046,066 full wraps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARRRRGGG!

It been an uphill battle with these handles. We melted Doug's saw tacking a bar on it, so we made a steel mount/weld fixture, which took till the end of the work day today.

Each series will take it's own fixture for welding.

Anyone have a screw cap 046 tank for sale?? :( Doug's is melted beyond fixing.

Our coating guy is supposed to pick up bars on Monday for coating. . . Hopefully they're all done, and we can stop fighting these darn things.

We're on track for sending out 044/046's and 066/660's next week. . .

372's will take a little longer.

Can someone do me a favor and measure the distance between the top cover of your 066, and the bottom of the handle (measuring plumb).

Thanks!!

yes, that is right in front of the decomp. on a 660 to the bottom of the rubber grip, an old 066 flat top may be more..

Okay. . . I appreciate it. We just has an 066 carcase to build on, so we were winging the hight for looks and fit. We didn't have a factory bar.

I'm pretty sure ours are taller. . . I called Doug to have him check, but he's pulling rearends out of his suburbans' today, so he didn't answer the shop phone.

I'll get some pics up next week. . .

The 044/046 handle will also fit the MS 440, right?

As far as we know, the mounts are unchanged on the newer saws. . . I mounted a bar to my buddies 440 in the video posted earlier in this thread -- it fit just fine.

If someone runs into mounting issues, we'll fix it.

Last edited:
I measured my 372 full-wrap handle earlier. . . It's 2" from the top cover to the bottom of the handle.

Not sure of the manufacturer of the full-wrap on my saw?

Are they still $75 Each? I need a few..:laughn:

$80.00 shipped on this first go. . . But we've figured out pretty fast, that that is cheap for the amount of work involved. :dizzy:

We'll have a few bars in stock from this first batch.

20 bars will hopefully be picked up today. . . Ready for shipping by Friday/Monday?:victory:

Just got a question about payment in a PM, so I figured I'd post here too.

The fastest way to pay, and get your bar shipped, is by calling the shop and paying with a credit card. Another option is to pay with a MO, as long as it's a US Postal MO. . . Some of those other kind take forever to verify.

Here is the shops mailing address: (DCS Inc.) 2410 Hwy 2 West, Kalispell Montana 59901

Shop phone is : 406-756-2560

If you call, just tell us who you are. . . We'll look you up on our list, and get you fixed up. Shop hours are Monday through Thursday -- 8am-5pm. . . Remember that the shop is a noisy environment, so if we don't pick up right away, record a message.

Like I said, I'll post back here the minute they're done, and we've been able to inspect the coating for quality.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call the shop and chat with Doug or Kristy. I'm not always there, so it's hit or miss to ask for me. ;)

The fastest way to pay, and get your bar shipped, is by calling the shop and paying with a credit card. Another option is to pay with a MO, as long as it's a US Postal MO. . . Some of those other kind take forever to verify.

Here is the shops mailing address: (DCS Inc.) 2410 Hwy 2 West, Kalispell Montana 59901

If you call, just tell us who you are. . . We'll look you up on our list, and get you fixed up. Shop hours are Monday through Thursday -- 8am-5pm. . . Remember that the shop is a noisy environment, so if we don't pick up right away, record a message.

Like I said, I'll post back here the minute they're done, and we've been able to inspect the coating for quality.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call the shop and chat with Doug or Kristy. I'm not always there, so it's hit or miss to ask for me. ;)

Phone call placed, and payment made.

I can't wait to see and try it on the MS460, then I might get one for the MS660. I will be watching this thread for the possibility of the 038, Thanks Nate.

Let me know when the 372 bars are ready, and I'll call the shop. I'll ask for you!:wink:

Back