Pic of your ugly mug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm.... Damn. Well I guess we'll have to call up Uncle Sam and let him know. I wish I could get a 1097A2 for myself. Good truck.

were these pictures taken at Al-Asad airbase where the wing runs everything AKA Camp cupcake? Yeah I wished i had a M1114 of my own with all the SL3 gear and uparmored.

This is me. (I'm the one with the smile and the hot little 026). Those were some sweet and TOTALLY FREE cherry logs I was cutting. Thing was 95 feet tall before the lady had someone cut it down for her. See the warn winch on the ground. We were winching 4-8 foot logs out of her backyard with that. A cool little operation there. hahaha

2600504115_c5c51741fa.jpg

This is me. (I'm the one with the smile and the hot little 026). Those were some sweet and TOTALLY FREE cherry logs I was cutting. Thing was 95 feet tall before the lady had someone cut it down for her. See the warn winch on the ground. We were winching 4-8 foot logs out of her backyard with that. A cool little operation there. hahaha

2600504115_c5c51741fa.jpg
Nice cherry, Is it a wild cherry. I don't know a lot about a cherry tree, but didn't think they got that big. I know the wild or black cherry does.

were these pictures taken at Al-Asad airbase where the wing runs everything AKA Camp cupcake? Yeah I wished i had a M1114 of my own with all the SL3 gear and uparmored.

Yes sir that was Al Asad. They had the best DRMO yard, everytime we went through AA, I took as many parts as I could stuff in my truck. My contact truck looked like a rolling Napa parts house. It's pretty bad, when your going through the ammo cans, you know, using them for nuts, bolts and other small parts. You find a full pallet of live 40MM grenades. As for the 1114? You can keep them. I hated working on those POS. Armor always got in the way of something, the weight killed the suspension and the drive train. The A/C never seemed to work good enough for the grunts. Hell my A/C never worked. Did I mention they blew out the turbo's quite often? Hell I would still be in the serves if they had only gave me the duty station I wanted. Bridge Port.

Kenny

As for the 1114? You can keep them.
Kenny

Yes i wouldbut we have the $#^* MRAP 4x4 which is a not so comfortable to gun in or ride PAX in.I am 5.1 and when i am a gunner i had a couple of close calls on getting thrown out of the turret. Now on the PAX issue, I get tossed around like crazy hitting my kevlar on the roof almost all the time. :mad:
Thats why i rather prefer the 1114's

Yes i wouldbut we have the $#^* MRAP 4x4 which is a not so comfortable to gun in or ride PAX in.I am 5.1 and when i am a gunner i had a couple of close calls on getting thrown out of the turret. Now on the PAX issue, I get tossed around like crazy hitting my kevlar on the roof almost all the time. :mad:
Thats why i rather prefer the 1114's

Nah!!!!!!!! What I want is one of the old 5 Ton wreckers, the M936A2. No that was a beauty! Slap some up armor kits on it (which I have personally :censored:en done) and a set of Super Singles. Or, the MK48/MK15 LVS wrecker. Now theres a towing,yarding, powerhouse!:cheers:

I have never seen the 5ton wrecker. All that i have seen is the MK48 LVS wrecker or the MK36 MTVR.

Nice cherry, Is it a wild cherry. I don't know a lot about a cherry tree, but didn't think they got that big. I know the wild or black cherry does.

I have absolutely no idea what type of cherry it was. It was big. There's till two big trunks still up in the air that are about 20 feet long and at least 24 inches around that the lady hasn't had taken down yet. I'm drooling over what is in there too. I have first dibs when she finds someone to fell it for her. It's near her privacy fence and I don't cut down trees. I only buck the the logs. :) (For good reason).

Thanks for the comment.

30+ years in the Army here, and lots of cooperations with both USMC and US ARMY personell - the US officers are the easiest to cooperate with IME, between our allies.....

....then there are UK, GE, and NL......

.....please don't mention the Italians, or the French -they mean good, but......

Haven't you read the extensive and giant "Book Of Italian Naval Heroes"?

Bill

I have never seen the 5ton wrecker. All that i have seen is the MK48 LVS wrecker or the MK36 MTVR.

The MK36's are alright. Just so long as you don't run the hydraulics too long in the heat. Otherwise you will start frying the proportion valves. The LVS is a tank though! I watched one of my buddies pull a fully loaded Army Hemit with his 48/15. Way over the weight limit for it. Top speed was 13mph, under 2mpg when he was towing. Wow!

Larger picture Ken

Nice cabin. I asked if it was in Texas then reread your post. I thought that woods looked like the northeast. Anymore pics of the cabin? I am building one just like that in the Adirondacks. Check some of my threads for pics. It has been on hold for over a year now but I'll get back to it someday. As soon as I can afford some gas to get there.

Last edited:
WoodCutting016.jpg

Well, This is my very first attempt to post a picture. I have been reading and admiring other guys pictures but couldn't figure things out. I broke down and had my son help me out.

WoodCutting002.jpg

WoodCutting004.jpg

Here is the most recent picture of me, taken last month with a camera phone. I've recently been letting my facial hair grow out, shave it, and then let it grow out again. This is me a few days after a shave.

Joel

Back