Public Service: Break =/= Brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lose and loose.

You don't have a lose chain...you have a loose one.

You don't loose your gloves, you lose them.

And blade. There is no blade on a chainsaw.

Some of the early documents from the chainsaw manufactorers refer to what we now call guide bars as "blades," and they called a chainsaw a "chain saw."

While we're on the subject, "sale" and "sell" are two words that are commonly misused. I see things on Craigslist "for sell" all the time. If it isn't that, then someone wants to "sale" something. I have even found it spelled "sail" a few times.

Text any way you want.......God help your ass if you try that #### on an internet forum. :hmm3grin2orange:

Text any way you want.......God help your ass if you try that #### on an internet forum. :hmm3grin2orange:

View attachment 256206

256206d1349709319-lincoln-jpg

Here is a saw related boo-boo that irks me. :msp_mad: Most often seen on E-Bay or Craigslist, but, on this site as well. People will call this, or mis-read (is that a word?) LOL, the label on this saw as a Poulan Super 250 A. When it is clearly a Super 25 DA.:msp_mad: I guess most have never seen a cursive capital D.

100_0210-1.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Thanks... I gots one of demdere 250...er um, 25 DA saws in my pile of non running Poulans, along w/ a 306, 3800, 5200 (no cylinder /top-end), a "Skill Saw" identical to the 25 DA and two other non-running Poulan top handles (2300 & Micro XXV "Deluxe").

I actually read it as 250 A myself w/ just a quck glance, as I unloaded the truck load of swap-meet fodder I picked up over the weekend. Would likely have noticed the "D" as I have seen several cursive "D" is my life.

dw - d is for Doug ;-0

While we're on the subject, "sale" and "sell" are two words that are commonly misused. I see things on Craigslist "for sell" all the time. If it isn't that, then someone wants to "sale" something. I have even found it spelled "sail" a few times.

Best I've seen - Large plywood ( 3 ft x 3 ft) with spray paint letters "Yard Sail" and an arrow...

dw

I've seen a Remington 1100 split right back to the stock before Trap Shooting at Seattle Trap Club

And the guy was taking to a hospital shortly afterwards

Some snow in the barrel can be enough.....:D

I definitly see it w/ a shotgun. Thinner barrel, faster burn to the powder. Guess I just figure the pressure is taking the easiest path out, and pushing the bore sighter out seems easier than splitting the barrel, at least that far back.

There's no predictability when it comes to a overpressure rupture. I think the photo speaks for itself. A millisecond extreme pressure spike can do some crazy things.

I know, when things go bad they always go way bad. The bore (or in the spirit of the thread the boar :laugh:) sighter is pictured as well from Brad. Guess it happened, just one of them I'd like to see it kind of situations for me.

dw

Dammit, I knew you'd do that. :laugh:

Too much effort to do it on my phone at lunch, had to wait to get home to post up.

All right, in this case I can write that I was Wright.

I wouldn't go that far.... There is no chain, so no chainsaw, it is a gas powered reciprocating saw... so gologit is still right, chainsaws do not have blades. :msp_sneaky:

dw

It doesn't take much of an obstruction to split a rifle barrel. Fatalities have occurred from a bit of mud or snow being in the end of the barrel. I have a long barrel rifle and am a bit paranoid when trekking with it in snowy conditions since I'm not that tall and seems the barrel is always poking in the snow or if I carry it barrel up then it's filling up from snow falling off branches.

Regarding chain saw, chainsaw. Craigslist will return different results with both of those searches.

I usually notice bad grammar, just don't pay much attention to it. One that does get to me sometimes is when people use "stihl" in place of "still".

Example: I stihl think that's a very nice saw. You guys seen that one?

On the barrel splitting: I do believe that a bore sight could have easily done that. The energy created by the round firing expands so quick that it would destroy the barrel before the obstacle could even begin to the forced out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back