Re-arranging 026 filtration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always run a film of grease around the conecting screens,the newer filters seem to be worse

klickitatsacket said:
I took an elbo from a Husqvarna and put a velocity stack and a K & N filter on the 026 I am working on right now. It really helps a lot.

Pictures please :Eye: :Eye:

Locoweed said:
Since I live in a dry dusty area, I have been trying to keep more stuff away from the air filter. I got some porous foam and tried to seal up some of the bigger openings and put some behind the mesh.

I put some of the foam in the handle around the throttle linkage, around the control lever etc. I also replaced the rubber grommets around the carb. adjusting screws. So far I haven't noticed any major improvement.

So where do you think it is coming from ? :dizzy:

I will try and get some pictures up in the next couple of days. I am on a tempuary computer and do not have my camera software up and going with this tin can. (we los tboth the shop and the home computer in about a span of a week) I should be getting our home computer back today and the shop computer later this week. I am not sure which saw the elbo came off of but I think it was a 266. It does not matter just find a 90 degree elbo that fits. I also had to put longer carburetor studs in, to mount the elbo. I am hoping to have pictures of the complete saw by the end of the week if all goes as planned.

klickitatsacket,

What you describe sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing the pics. Question though. Is this a working saw you did this to or a hobby/race type saw?

Lobo, I don't know where it is getting in. One of these days I am going to separate the handle/tank assy. from the saw and look over the fit of the air cleaner cover a bit closer.

rustyb said:
klickitatsacket,

What you describe sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing the pics. Question though. Is this a working saw you did this to or a hobby/race type saw?

This is a woods saw. you can details about the saw on the Paying Dues. I hope to have pictures up by the end of the week. I just got it back together today (running) and hope to have all the glitz on it later this week. I am waiting for a few parts to finnish putting the outer shell back together.

I am assuming here that picture #2 is the seat for the K&N filter

klickitatsacket,

How are you dealing with the choke? My 260 has the choke inside the filter.

Also, what do you plan on making the covers out of?

Looks interesting. Thanks for posting & I look forward to seeing more pics.

r

rustyb said:
klickitatsacket,

How are you dealing with the choke? My 260 has the choke inside the filter.

Also, what do you plan on making the covers out of?

Looks interesting. Thanks for posting & I look forward to seeing more pics.

r

DITTO !

I have some really thin aluminum diamond plate that I am building the covers out of. I plan on mounting the choke switch through the side of the cover similar to how a 056 works but on the side. I will be posting more pictures as the project progresses. Right now it is on hold though because of a back log of saws under the bench. I hope to get to it again by the end of next week.

Promised pictures

I have not made a rear cover and am not sure that I will but here is the saw. The carburetor is an 046 topped with a K&N filter. I have a velocity stack on the Husqvarna elbo. this saw is not the hottest and is mild compared to a race saw. She is however running 15,100 and has a nice wide torque band. I am on the second tank of fuel and have a lot of fun with the guys that come into the shop. I know the picture of the carb is the same but also I have the choke fixed so included that picture as well.

066 stihl said:
Klickitatsacket

Would that be the 026 from Fargo?

Ricky
Yes it is. So you are the Famous Ricky. I am glad I finally got to meet you so to speak. Brad talks a lot about you. If you get the chance and want to I would love to get your phone # and chat with you for a while. PM with it if you would.

Dean

I'm not famous! Just a poor country hillbilly. But, I do like to play with fast chainsaws and pretty women.

Ricky

Dean

I think the Fargo Kid maybe wanting to race your 026. He just ordered a $300.00 racing chain and two gal. of racing fuel. Akly with 30% nitro.
He called about 2 hrs. ago wanting a 084 carb for a 026. LOL He's after blood!

Ricky

Dean that looks real nice!!! Hows the choke working? It must be different not being on your thumb side. Cant wait to see what that cover looks like!

Back