Recommendations on a shmedium sized saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you need to take the wife saw shopping. Let her decide what she's comfortable with. The echo 400 is a nice saw at a good price. I bought one for my girlfriend's son for Christmas.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I think you need to take the wife saw shopping. Let her decide what she's comfortable with. The echo 400 is a nice saw at a good price. I bought one for my girlfriend's son for Christmas.

You’re right. She’s handled the ones at the orange box store, but they don’t have a way to try them out. I’m leaning towards the cs400 though. I just don’t feel comfortable with her working the 330t with such a short grip radius. I want to get her hands further apart for more control. I like the idea of that class of saw with a rearward grip versus the top handle.

You’re right. She’s handled the ones at the orange box store, but they don’t have a way to try them out. I’m leaning towards the cs400 though. I just don’t feel comfortable with her working the 330t with such a short grip radius. I want to get her hands further apart for more control. I like the idea of that class of saw with a rearward grip versus the top handle.
The 400 is a very good saw and good price too. I bought it on recommendations from many guys here. I tend to lean toward Echo because I have a good local dealer and my equipment has always been great. Maybe try searching a local dealer and see if they offer demos. I wouldn't worry much about brand. Get what she's comfortable with and good local support. You can always come back and get more info on a particular model before purchase if you wanted to.

Back