Ripped off 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JNap

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to try this again, you will have to forgive me for the last one as I am a newb and was not entirely aware of the rules. Congrats to those who were quick enough to make it in before the lock on the last one;)

So here is my situation, yardman14 (yes I got permission to use his name from the proper authorities) had a stihl 066 arctic posted over in the tradin post. I contacted him about 15 mins after he started it. Messages were exchanged later that day and we agreed upon a price of $400 shipped, powerhead only. Told me he would not be able to ship it for 2 days but when he did he would send over the FedEx tracking number that night. I was ok with that. He sent me the Paypal invoice, I paid him within 5 minutes of receiving it. Tried getting a hold of him a day after it was supposed to ship, heard nothing back. Waited another day or two, sent another emal, nothing. I got no response from him, arboristsite.com has been helping me and also got no response from him, and PayPal has not gotten a response from him. I know there are a few of you that think I may be jumping the gun on this but it's hard earned money, and I have very good reason to believe that I'm not the only person he may gotten one over on. So buyer beware, if you are looking for an 066 or looking at anything chainsaw related parts, etc. there is someone in central Florida (hope that's not considered an address) ripping people off. Here are a few pics of the 066 arctic I paid for, keep an eye out if you see it anywhere else.

Man, still havent heard anything? I've been burned..... just like many of us here. I know what your feelin.

You know I commend AS for having a sales outlet with no fees. The majority of times buyers and sellers are both happy doing business here. This is one of those times having some buyer protection would help you. I saw that ad too and thought it was a great deal for the saw.

It was a good deal- almost to good I thought. That, with the inactivity of the seller, made me very leary.

The purported sellers only posts have been to offer saws for sale. I suspect fastLeo151 doesn't feel so bad now about missing out on the saw.

Man, still havent heard anything? I've been burned..... just like many of us here. I know what your feelin.
----nope, nothing at all. I'm writing it off as a loss

That bites. Wish you the best getting your saw or your money back. If you paid with paypal and it wasnt gifted you can file a complaint with them to get your money back.
----yea I've taken the proper steps with them, just didn't look into the details as to how much I get back or how long it takes to get it, then there are all the other variables so I just gotta hang tight and let the Paypal people work it out.

:popcorn:

No posts by seller between 2005 and Jan. of '13.

Possible someone hijacked the identity?
----who knows? With all the crazy identity theft and Internet scams anyone's guess is as good as mine. Does anybody remember when you wanted to buy something you would open up a newspaper, flip through classified adds, actually talk to the person and then meet them in person?

It was a good deal- almost to good I thought. That, with the inactivity of the seller, made me very leary.
----yea I did my research on the pricing and in my opinion was a good price, but not the best. Any lower and I would have left it alone. Unfortunately being a newb I didn't know about researching the seller and it is a lesson well learned.:bang:

Not much worse than a thief.

I so agree with that. No saw at all would be worse then what I went through. But a thief is a thief in my book.

Just wait till you get a saw back and notice your part is missing and another part was put on in it's place. Without ever asking, mentioning it, or telling you after saw was back in my hands. Figured it out on my own and they admitted to it to when I questioned them.

Thief POS people have no reason IMO to be in this world. PM if you want to know who did this crap.

Does anybody remember when you wanted to buy something you would open up a newspaper, flip through classified adds, actually talk to the person and then meet them in person?

You can still do that today, but it will certainly limit the item selection that you have to choose from. With the exception of the 2 Echos I bought several weeks ago locally, all my recent Craigslist saws have been shipped in. When you are looking for specific saws you need to range as far and wide as possible. I could spend 10 years searching my local Craigslist and never see a magnesium 90+ cc saw.

So, have you tried again to contact the seller? How about PayPal, any luck with them?
----using pay pals resolution center he has been messaged and I have not received a reply, next step is bumping up the dispute to a claim....

You can still do that today, but it will certainly limit the item selection that you have to choose from. With the exception of the 2 Echos I bought several weeks ago locally, all my recent Craigslist saws have been shipped in. When you are looking for specific saws you need to range as far and wide as possible. I could spend 10 years searching my local Craigslist and never see a magnesium 90+ cc saw.
----in a way we end up having to pay for the convenience of the resources we have today for locating the things we want, and I paid big on this one.

----yea I did my research on the pricing and in my opinion was a good price, but not the best. Any lower and I would have left it alone. Unfortunately being a newb I didn't know about researching the seller and it is a lesson well learned.:bang:

I'm not sure if i would be more upset about the money Or not getting the saw!

I think paypal can straighten it out for you,

That takes some balls to pull something like that.

Back