Ripped off 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you used paypal you better get on it. 45 days to take it up a notch. Hope you aint over the deadline already.

Push it to a dispute and then the seller has to get back with them in 10 days I think. If not you get your $ back.

If it isnt to late already for you.

----using pay pals resolution center he has been messaged and I have not received a reply, next step is bumping up the dispute to a claim....

I'm sorry for your situation. I am dealing with paypal in a similar situation but I am the seller and the guy is claiming the saw wasn't as described.
Couple things I learned through hours of research about paypal and ebay.

You are covered under paypal protection because the unit didn't ship, as long as the address where it was shipped matches the address on your PP account. He must provide a tracking or delivery confirm number to win this case.

If you don't hear from the guy in the next few days, escalate to a claim and then if he doesn't respond in 20 days then you win. Of course the bad part is the guy has most likely (if a scam) pulled your funds from his PP account and closed it. PP will tell you that you win but there are no funds available.

If the guy had his bank account linked to the PP account then PP can directly debit his bank account to claim their funds. If there is any in there.

A person can not close their PP account if there is a claim against it. Might want to escalate just in case the account is still open. Sometimes PP will pay you and then send a collection agency after the seller. Let's hope this is true in your case!

PM me if you want more details. I don't wanna hog your thread with a bunch of lingo jingo!

Good Luck!

They hang horse thieves, don't they?

An older friend of mine told me that from his experience, most people are basically dishonest. Yet he still believes in the basic good of people, because he doesn't want to lose the ability to trust. To a degree, I agree with him.

I guess that in the bigger picture, if you only lose $400 to learn a valuable lesson, it's cheaper than some folks' lesson/s. But still...

It never fails to astound me how much time and effort somebody must have gone through to rip off someone else's money. It's hard to believe they couldn't simply get a real job.

And while I don't really believe in hanging (chainsaw money) thieves, I sure wish you luck in recovering your cash. May the "seller" get what's coming to him.

Cheers

I wouldnt sweat it if you paid through Paypal and you are within the time frame. I had a similar incident as you about 6 months ago with an Ebay transaction. The seller was arrogant enough to ingore Paypal on their request(s) for his involvement and I won the dispute by default.

What is the worst part is that it happened here on AS. I had an AS member stiff me on some funds a couple months ago, and the lack of communication is the worst part. Sometimes stuff happens that we dont forsee, but communication can resolve most of that. Hope you get your money back, I think you more than likely will.

Best of luck getting this thing resolved. I really hope they get this fixed. I would be upset for sure.:angry: I had a mess buying my 066 as well from a LOCAL shop. Upon further inspection, I ended up spending close to double to get a solid running saw. Sometimes you just have to go through the proper channels to resolve with PPal, and although tough, be mindful of the AS/Auction rules.
I really hadnt read through them much myself. lol
Best of luck!

You can still do that today, but it will certainly limit the item selection that you have to choose from. With the exception of the 2 Echos I bought several weeks ago locally, all my recent Craigslist saws have been shipped in. When you are looking for specific saws you need to range as far and wide as possible. I could spend 10 years searching my local Craigslist and never see a magnesium 90+ cc saw.

Very true, its hard to find what I want locally and being old school I never tried e-bay

A word of advise when using Paypal: If it's a large purchase use your credit card to pay for it. If you don't recieve the item the credit card company will credit your account. This I have done twice. Both were Paypal. I bought 4 saws for $1500 never got them. Called card company had verbal and letter in 10 days crediting my account. I always do this for an additional layer of protection. Good luck!
Shep

I'm not sure if i would be more upset about the money Or not getting the saw!

I think paypal can straighten it out for you,

That takes some balls to pull something like that.
----I'm more pissed about the saw!!!! Now I gotta do the research to find another one for the price I can afford on top of dealing with the Paypal stuff.

If you used paypal you better get on it. 45 days to take it up a notch. Hope you aint over the deadline already.

Push it to a dispute and then the seller has to get back with them in 10 days I think. If not you get your $ back.

If it isnt to late already for you.
----I definitely didn't waste any time getting this reported to PayPal. Action has been taken.

I'm sorry for your situation. I am dealing with paypal in a similar situation but I am the seller and the guy is claiming the saw wasn't as described.
Couple things I learned through hours of research about paypal and ebay.

You are covered under paypal protection because the unit didn't ship, as long as the address where it was shipped matches the address on your PP account. He must provide a tracking or delivery confirm number to win this case.

If you don't hear from the guy in the next few days, escalate to a claim and then if he doesn't respond in 20 days then you win. Of course the bad part is the guy has most likely (if a scam) pulled your funds from his PP account and closed it. PP will tell you that you win but there are no funds available.

If the guy had his bank account linked to the PP account then PP can directly debit his bank account to claim their funds. If there is any in there.

A person can not close their PP account if there is a claim against it. Might want to escalate just in case the account is still open. Sometimes PP will pay you and then send a collection agency after the seller. Let's hope this is true in your case!

PM me if you want more details. I don't wanna hog your thread with a bunch of lingo jingo!

Good Luck!
----thanks for the info, I am concerned that if he is a scammer my money is out of his account. Is there anything Paypal can do if his accounts are empty or closed?

A word of advise when using Paypal: If it's a large purchase use your credit card to pay for it. If you don't recieve the item the credit card company will credit your account. This I have done twice. Both were Paypal. I bought 4 saws for $1500 never got them. Called card company had verbal and letter in 10 days crediting my account. I always do this for an additional layer of protection. Good luck!
Shep
----that's a good call with using a credit card through PayPal, I will definitely keep that in mind on the next one.

Have you tried googling "yardman14 orlando fl"? Some interesting info there. He's also a member of LawnSite.
----the Internet is an amazing tool, I have found some interesting info, just don't know anyone in his area to "stop by"....be careful what you write, my last post about this got locked.... But thanks for the lead.

Pretty disgusting that scumbags would come here and scandalize the good folks here,,, 400.00 for a nice looking 066 w/b&c,,, too good to be true usually a good sign somethin's fishy,,,

Pretty disgusting that scumbags would come here and scandalize the good folks here,,, 400.00 for a nice looking 066 w/b&c,,, too good to be true usually a good sign somethin's fishy,,,

HHHeeeeyyyy!!!!

He just needs to get on the phone with Paypal.......

Yes, the redneck banter about violence over something like this is a "no-no"....

No if this was a synthetic oil thread, that would be different.

From what I read they will just put collections on him. If the guy is a true scammer I'm sure this won't bother him as his credit is most likley shot anyways.

There are so many versions of this happening and a lot of different outcomes.

I think your best bet is a phone call to PP and ask them the specifics of a return and empty/closed accounts. At least this will assure you of your next move.

Good Luck!

I Feel your pain, I bought a chainsaw from Canada the day before Christmas using payPal and someone hacked my bank Account and went on a shopping spree, spending $1000 a day, I didn't find out until New years eve when a company from Illinois called me about an order, the order was for Gold watch, leather boots, leather coat and some other things, I immediately called my bank to stop my card, long story short-I had to sign a piece of paper for each fraudulent charge- the stack of papers i signed where an inch thick (No exaggeration) It took some time but I'm slowly getting all of my money back. I hope the best for You, Don't give up, you should get your money back. Don't you wish you could just Knock on that scumbag's door? My banker told me that it is less secure when you buy outside the country.

is it just me or are there suddenly a surplus of 660 and 066 saws? on CL around me there are at least 5 for sale......usually there are 0. what is going on?

sorry to hear about your mix up. is that the saw that was for sale in FL with heated grips? if it is that struck me as an odd place for heated grips. i know that isn't helpful at this point......

is it just me or are there suddenly a surplus of 660 and 066 saws? on CL around me there are at least 5 for sale......usually there are 0. what is going on?

sorry to hear about your mix up. is that the saw that was for sale in FL with heated grips? if it is that struck me as an odd place for heated grips. i know that isn't helpful at this point......

I've noticed a abundance of saws being sold here, CL's and other places. I think it has to do with hard times and guys unloading to get through winter.

If the saws aint working in the woods, you aint eating, so they sale the saws to meet the bills.

There's been an increase in "new" members selling in the auctions/ classifieds that to me is alarming. There is 2 new listings - guy just joined last month in one and the other just joined in Jan. A 670 and his first post is trying to sell this saw. And the other a Stihl 090. Given the fact that we have a thread like this that is "current", I would expect a lot of discretion and caution will be used by our members here. No way I would buy from a first time poster across the country. If I know you- we can do business on a phone or computer....... if I dont know you- business will be done face to face.

Last edited:
I have made several purchases using Pay Pal since Dec past and now Pay Pal pays up front and then debits my account in 22 days after the purchase. Are they offering that same service in the US? I think it will be a good security for the purchaser, if the item does not show up within 21 days then a phone call stops Pay Pal from debiting the account.

Latest posts

Back