So, what's your day job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been fun ready these this morning.

For the last 15 years I have been working with new home builders and their customer designing & selecting the lighting for their new homes. I have been lucky to have worked for a great family that allows me to be the dad to my kids whenever I need too.

Monday morning I am working with a home owner that is purchasing a Pioneer Log Home (HGTV Timber Kings), these are always fun, you can put lights anywhere but if you can't get the wires there they won't light up...

Daddy Working.jpg

Environmental Scientist - State Agency/Surface Water Division. One of the job duties is collecting fish with an electro-shocker for mercury analysis. Any excess samples are deployed in peanut oil!
My previous job was a fisheries biologist for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. Both of my Grandfathers were Loggers....guess that's where I get my chainsaw interest.

Well my day job is as a Elevator Constructor IUEC # 12 out of K C Mo Live in the sunflower state. I am one of a few that Move Lazy people up and down( I am one of them););) in buildings short and tall. Grew up on a dairy farm, done some precast concrete, ran a feed and seed for 9 years. I can weld (certified) trouble shoot electrical control circuits and dink with saws. I am a father of Three, Husband of one 27 years, Have 2 grandchildren.

View attachment 395799

Environmental Scientist - State Agency/Surface Water Division. One of the job duties is collecting fish with an electro-shocker for mercury analysis. Any excess samples are deployed in peanut oil!
My previous job was a fisheries biologist for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. Both of my Grandfathers were Loggers....guess that's where I get my chainsaw interest.
Since I am not far away ifn' you ever get too many Sac-A-Lait give me a call, I know how to dispose of them.....

I am a supervisor for ASL (alcoa) We mount semi tires for 12+ hours a day for Kw, Peterbuilt and some for Canada's Kw.

I dunno how you do that day in and day out, but send a few my way haha! I just dropped $2000 on 4 recaps and 2 steers

I dunno how you do that day in and day out, but send a few my way haha! I just dropped $2000 on 4 recaps and 2 steers
That's actually a good price depending on tire size. I recently bought a trailer that had 8 brand new caps on it for $3500. The tires were nearly worth that alone.

We typically rotate each hour. We average 17 chassis an hour. One guy couldn't keep up production doing it all day. Would run you into the dirt. It's really not as hard as it looks. It's 80 percent rhythm and technique. It is a pain in the ass when we mount super singles. So of the michelin tires weigh 250-300 pounds and a steel wide base 14" wheels weighs 120-150. They get heavy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually a good price depending on tire size. I recently bought a trailer that had 8 brand new caps on it for $3500. The tires were nearly worth that alone.

$220 each for recaps (my casings) and $560 each for the 2 steers. Drives are 11.00x22.5s and steers 395/65/22.5 I think (they are wide)

We typically rotate each hour. We average 17 chassis an hour. One guy couldn't keep up production doing it all day. Would run you into the dirt. It's really not as hard as it looks. It's 80 percent rhythm and technique. It is a pain in the ass when we mount super singles. So of the michelin tires weigh 250-300 pounds and a steel wide base 14" wheels weighs 120-150. They get heavy!

I know what ya mean. Thank God we have a crane on the vehicle to do the lifting.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421607568488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421607568488.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 39
No crane here. That'd be sweet for the service calls we do. We have a breaker bar and a hand held tire jack. Does the job but it does a job on the back lol.

Truck driver/equipment operator for the WVDOH. Right now we are in winter mode, plowing & treating roads when old mother nature decides to rear her ugly head.

No crane here. That'd be sweet for the service calls we do. We have a breaker bar and a hand held tire jack. Does the job but it does a job on the back lol.

That's why I miss my 300# son. He flat whips out the tires. He did his first set of semi tires when he was 14. Tractor and trailer all in one day, by hand. I know tire guys that are way faster than that, but 18 tires in 9 hours is a feat for a 14 y.o.

First and foremost, I'm a twin-girl dad and husband to a tough chick. And I'm damn good at both.

By trade, I work on the guidance systems for Army artillery pieces. Because of me and about 50 other guys, this howitzer (below) can put 100lbs of steel and high explosive into the front door of a mosque at 30 miles out. We keep guns updated and fielded with the latest and greatest computers and hydraulics.
4bctindex.jpg
take all the mosques out,,and the filth with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back