So, what's your day job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good.

Any man that beats on a woman or a child will get no sympathy from me.
I would have agreed with that when younger,, but I worked at a large factory before retirement. theres women,, that are damned near stronger, than most men,, and have a reallll altitude with it also...and yeah,, ive met them, face to face.....b I t ches

I design and build stuff. I designed the glue factory that makes the glue that holds your windshield in place. I designed the proccess piping and packaging equipment that produces your medicine. I designed the packaging line with the 3 robots that put Dursban in the bottles and put the bottles in the cases and put them on the pallets. I designed the HVAC system for a Nuclear power plant that was never built. I have givin up on all that thinking and drawing. Now I just build cow barns. Cows are much better company than the engineering infastructure of world class chemical companys. A skytrack with a full tank of fuel is a lot more fun. Drill holes and use the earthquake trim a couple hundred 6 x 6 posts. Fun stuff
View attachment 395311View attachment 395310
damn I like those laminated beams!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a diesel/truck mechanic for 25 years, but this last September I left that occupation to work on forklifts for a large warehousing company. Technically, I'm in fleet maintenance, so I still work on a truck now and then. Things had gotten sour with the ownership at my old company and overall, the transportation industry is pretty raw. It's hard to find a day job in trucking, and a lot of companies do not pay overtime over 40 hours. The stress level is waaayyyy down at my new job, and I don't have to spend all day outside getting trucks running when it's below zero out. It was hard to give up 4 weeks vacation, and to start over being the new guy with lots of new stuff to learn.
your peace of mind,,is worth WAAAAAAYYYYYY more than the cash..........

I would have agreed with that when younger,, but I worked at a large factory before retirement. theres women,, that are damned near stronger, than most men,, and have a reallll altitude with it also...and yeah,, ive met them, face to face.....b I t ches
So after that woman beat you up, were you able to face your male coworkers.

I've been retired 5 years come April. It is by far the best gig I have ever had.:havingarest:

In the Summer we play 18 holes of golf everyday, (walking). Generally get in 110-160 rounds /year.

I also have an orchard that is getting renovated with 320 new trees, am a licensed chemical applicator with small business doing the same, cut fair amount of firewood for sale, serious 9 ball player, run a skid steer plowing snow and recently volunteering in a saw shop learning to be a mechanic.

Working was never this busy. I make it a point to never do anything I don't want to do.:happy:
STRAIGHT UP!!! I retired,, from a factory job,,,,, BUUUT, i aint retired!!!!! as you said,, its now what I want to do....and there aint enough years left for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full time Union Carpenter Local#211 in Pittsburgh. Spent ten years in the cabinet shops. Part time tree hack and saw fan. Above all lover of my Harley Davidson and the open road.

First and foremost, I'm a twin-girl dad and husband to a tough chick. And I'm damn good at both.

By trade, I work on the guidance systems for Army artillery pieces. Because of me and about 50 other guys, this howitzer (below) can put 100lbs of steel and high explosive into the front door of a mosque at 30 miles out. We keep guns updated and fielded with the latest and greatest computers and hydraulics.
4bctindex.jpg

First and foremost, I'm a twin-girl dad and husband to a tough chick. And I'm damn good at both.

By trade, I work on the guidance systems for Army artillery pieces. Because of me and about 50 other guys, this howitzer (below) can put 100lbs of steel and high explosive into the front door of a mosque at 30 miles out. We keep guns updated and fielded with the latest and greatest computers and hydraulics.
4bctindex.jpg
Do you work in North Jersey.

4bctindex.jpg

Thank You Sir.

Latest posts

Back