So, what's your day job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 396116 View attachment 396117
I am a field supervisor for a company that erects, maintains, and repairs hydroelectric turbines and generators. I was a field welder for 10 years for the same company before accepting an supervisor's position last year. It is definitely a rewarding career and I have had the opportunity to travel the country.
beautiful pictures, is that the dam at smith mountain lake. looks familiar

any of you railroad guys ever heard of the turbo train, they used to have st6 turbine engines in them.

I've heard of them, a high speed passenger locomotive. I've always been working with freight engines, so I don't know much about them. I also have heard of the huge turbine powered engines the Union Pacific was dabbling with in the 60's. They were not fast, but had either 4500 or 8500 HP ratings. All gone now.

depends which model and what kind of an operator you are, anywhere from 3000 hrs to 6000 hrs basic tbo. I've seen some PT6A-67D's with extended fleet tbo's of 12,000 hrs.

Not always a popular job with some folks but I've been a deputy for 19 years now.

The last 15 have been in the K9 Unit. I get to take the dog and search for criminals and drugs all night long. Best job in the world to me and will hopefully keep doing it for quite a few more years.

This is the guy that does most of the work.View attachment 396273
god bless you brother , also did it for 27 years

If u'r unlucky enough to be growing something like this in u'r neck, I make it go bye-bye. The hard way.View attachment 396143 View attachment 396142
I'm still trying to figure out what they are?
Lymphoma nodules? Lymph nodes? Throat cancer?
I don't think I could culture anything off of them...LOL!

Yup. He's the real deal.
I am friends with several doctors, you guys wouldn't believe how wild some of them are.
Huskstihls picture looks just like my anesthesiologist, he's 6'7" and about 340 lbs and a wild child

I work in the commercial building/remodeling field, 27 yrs. I've done everything from strip malls to high rises. Steel studs, suspended ceilings, drywall,doors / hardware etc.
Used to do a lot of large New construction, but the last 10 yrs I have been self employed, I end up in office remodels 90% of the time. Nothing glamorous, but it's A/C in the summer, heat in the winter, and flush toilets:D

Huskstihls picture looks just like my anesthesiologist, he's 6'7" and about 340 lbs and a wild child

Huskstihls avatar is actually one of the nicer pictures we have of him. Before the picture was taken we took him down to the shipyard and had him sand blasted. It really made him almost presentable.

I am friends with several doctors, you guys wouldn't believe how wild some of them are.
One is a benign thyroid nodule, the other is a hurthle cell carcinoma. Both pushing 12cm in size. My avatar pic is not me. I look pretty much like you think I would:(
image.jpg

Pathologist?

Back