Stihl, after the sale.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Kris.jpg

If Ultra wants to resize, im cool with that.

Last edited:
Kris.jpg

Quite the follow up!

And to think that I could have received one of these, too - I bought an HS86T today, but when they were "prepping" it they determined that the blade lock wouldn't unlock. It was the only one they had so I was SOL; I un-bought it and went home.

Thanks Brandon!!! It took me forever to figure out how to get it from a tiff file to one AS would accept. I wasnt going to screw with it anymore to make it smaller!!!.

Whats an HS86T?

HS86T.jpg

HS86T is Stihl's top-end single-side hedge trimmer. I've been wanting a good hedge trimmer for years and I finally decided to get one today when I was back in Farmington Hills. I bought an electric LittleWonder trimmer for my mother and have borrowed it a couple times; it works pretty well. I thought about saving a few bucks and getting myself one of those, but those things are pretty expensive - $250 - so I figured I might as well go all the way and get a Stihl gas trimmer.

My purchasing attempts didn't work out well for me today, sadly, but maybe that's a sign that I should be buying it from our usual Stihl dealer...

fishhuntcutwood said:
Yeah, that's pretty cool they send those out. I've gotten one for each of my new saws I've bought from them in the past year or so.

Jeff

I haven't gotten one:bowdown:
Andy

I also got one after I bought my 460. I think thats a great thing to do to keep customer loyalty.

Brandon....You going to start a landscape maintenance business?

great little piece of feel-good
IMO keep your useless letter and lower replacement part prices at the dealer
thats's something that would help me where I need it, the wallet

me too

I got one after the purchase of my MS460, as well. It does produce a feel-good that there was some corporate follow-through AFTER the money changed hands.

Mike Barcaskey said:
great little piece of feel-good
IMO keep your useless letter and lower replacement part prices at the dealer
thats's something that would help me where I need it, the wallet

LOL! That's exactly what it is, although I forget the exact sales term for that type of letter. Anyways, it's purpose is to make you feel better about (and not regret after the fact) spending all that money.
Nobody has ever accused Stihl marketing of being stupid....they apparently know exactly how to play their customers, as evidenced by their huge marketing budget and the responses in this thread.

Anyways, automobile dealers have been using such letters for years and years and years. I generally file them with the rest of the junk mail....in the circular file.

coveredinsap said:
LOL! That's exactly what it is, although I forget the exact sales term for that type of letter. Anyways, it's purpose is to make you feel better about (and not regret after the fact) spending all that money.
Nobody has ever accused Stihl marketing of being stupid....they apparently know exactly how to play their customers, as evidenced by their huge marketing budget and the responses in this thread.

Anyways, automobile dealers have been using such letters for years and years and years. I generally file them with the rest of the junk mail....in the circular file.
Sap, the insinuation that any who like Stihl saws are being duped or "played" is getting tired and old.

spacemule said:
Sap, the insinuation that any who like Stihl saws are being duped or "played" is getting tired and old.

I quote Ron White... "You can't fix stupid...":hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe it is just "feel good", but it's a courtesy not practiced often enough in my opinion.

coveredinsap said:

Why is this post getting reported? This is his oppinion He apparently doesnt like stihl.I Do like stihl i own approx 18K worth of stihl he is not going to change my mind.If everyone agrees about product the forum would not be near as interesting.BTW This post is more derailing to this thread than the one sap posted IMO.

spacemule said:

I'm not "insinuating" any such thing. One can like Stihl saws all they like....no problem.

But when a person goes around pimping these follow-up letters as the neatest thing since sliced bread, when all they are is little more than a sales tool to make the purchaser feel better about spending their money on a product (usually an expensive product), then it's time to set the record straight.

It is somewhat amusing to me that Stihl uses sales tactics similar to car dealers in an attempt to instill brand loyalty. As I said, nobody can accuse Stihl of being stupid. After all.... it looks like it's working.

I would agree with you DDM. I know the guy is not the most popular person here. I can't deny that. When he "bashes" stihl its kinda like what the ford vs Chevy guys do on other forums. Sorry but its true. He has every right to make an opinion about Sthil as you do about his Mac's:) If everyone agreed that stihl was wonderful we probably wouldn't be talking about Dolmar's, Husky's etc.

Latest posts

Back