Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this convo, was about someones bad weather, on the East Coast, of the USA. Not sure why an update from N.S. is seemingly invited?
I think this convo, was about someones bad weather, on the East Coast, of the USA. Not sure why an update from N.S. is seemingly invited?
You don`t want to know what I think of your post in here but I will say I have been following you all over this site.

This thread has been running a very long time with out any problems of any kind. We are all good friends here. Canadians included. Seems you may not fit in here very well ? Maybe you should just go to another thread where your more welcome ?

This thread has been running a very long time with out any problems of any kind. We are all good friends here. Canadians included. Seems you may not fit in here very well ? Maybe you should just go to another thread where your more welcome ?
Hey tbone, good to hear from you over here.

Thanks for the pics, You got it much worse than we did up here in Igloo, all I had to deal with was a quarter inch of sleet.
We got about 4" of sleet and then another 4" of fluff. Real hard to get the plow to bite...have run over it several times and loosen it up in order to be able to plow it. We made out as we were right on the edge of rain/sleet.......inland a few miles they got hammered.....12-18".....
The sleet was crazy....went up to take care of Hoss first thing.....trudged up to the house to get his water....took maybe 5 minutes and when I came out there was not a sign of my foot prints! All the round, falling balls of sleet animated the ones on the ground and they just rolled into the low spots and obliterated my tracks in minutes!! Like walking on marbles....

We actually got a lot of rain, it took away a good deal of our snow and some ice, just at the tail end of the storm we got a little bit of sleet and freezing rain. Not even close to the doom and gloom forecast we had received for days before the event, we dodged the bullet this time round. The bulk of the storm passed by inland from us here on the coast. My MIL got a heavy dose of snow up in the Amherst area, it drifted in off the big marsh and was up over the roof of her car.

We actually got a lot of rain, it took away a good deal of our snow and some ice, just at the tail end of the storm we got a little bit of sleet and freezing rain. Not even close to the doom and gloom forecast we had received fordays before the event, we dodged the bullet this time round. The bulk of the storm passed by inland from us here on the coast. My MIL got a heavy dose of snow up in the Amherst area, it drifted in off the big marsh and was up over the roof of her car.
Yeah that's a bad spot right there.......everything coming up the Fundy lands there and as you said, nothing to stop or even slow it down across that marshland!!!

Yeah that's a bad spot right there.......everything coming up the Fundy lands there and as you said, nothing to stop or even slow it down across that marshland!!!
Yeah, they get pounded there almost every storm coming up the coast, Springhill gets it just as bad or even worse at times due to elevation increase. I worked at the Medium detention facility there for 5 winters, tough slogging there through the frequent snowfalls back in the late 70`s, the 3/4 ton 4 wheel posi drive got me through some mean storms up there.

Is this the new boating thread?
0c464954d044a5e3b9fcbdfc81680232.jpg
ac03e67409a91e9511ce9c98d5076a04.jpg

OK......this is pretty good for one of the bestest....without a catastrophic ending.....Lobstah boat racing.....you evah wallowed in a cross sea??

This is aftah the finish line.....spit-back you might say.....

Speed of these boat is around 45 mph.....which may seem docile......but these are 40 foot work boats totally outfitted for work with 750-1200 horse power engines....diesel that would be...
Good helmanship on this craft for sure...especially with a load of spectators.......IMG_0114.jpgIMG_0115.jpgIMG_0116.jpg

OK......this is pretty good for one of the bestest....without a catastrophic ending.....Lobstah boat racing.....you evah wallowed in a cross sea??

This is aftah the finish line.....spit-back you might say.....

Speed of these boat is around 45 mph.....which may seem docile......but these are 40 foot work boats totally outfitted for work with 750-1200 horse power engines....diesel that would be...
Good helmanship on this craft for sure...especially with a load of spectators.......View attachment 963536View attachment 963537View attachment 963538
My youngest son was a cockswain on a 40,000#, 45' RB-M in the Coast Guard. It had 2 900hp detroit diesel's running twin rolls royce jets. He said it would really punch through the waves on SAR missions.

1eec755edbc347124add2071ac333965.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
True that. One Sunday we were at lakeside loading our small fishing skiff when I heard a sound of steel sliding over rock, then bang screech and engine revving, tire spinning repeated over and over. Presently a small blue Firefly emerges out of the abandoned woods road we use to access the lake. Two rather large dudes shout out from inside the car, picture the Cheech n Chong amount of smoke emminating from the rolled down windows, where is this, what lake is this etc. The tires on that car looked like little donuts and there likely was only 4 inches of clearance anywhere under that car. We only use that road with our trucks and caution is needed to weave between the rocks without banging up the suspension on a vehicle with 8 inches or more clearance.

Back