Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep....LOL!! The bride and I went on a road trip yesterday and I returned with a replacement for my old black Volvo XC. Guess I'll be decommissioning that one in the coming weeks. Tired old girl she be....presently 3337800 miles young and little rust...none on the unibody, fenders or doors but the tailgate has one rust hole in it. Biggest issue is the rear K-frame is aluminum and the years/miles/salt has not treated it well.....well advanced white death it has. It hasn't broken or come apart , but just a matter of tyme. Stihl running like top...starts instantly on the coldest mornings and burns/leaks no oil. Everything electrical stihl works flawlessly etc. Been a damn good winter beater the last 5 winters.......just a bear in the snow and an absolutely stellar heater!!

Yep....LOL!! The bride and I went on a road trip yesterday and I returned with a replacement for my old black Volvo XC. Guess I'll be decommissioning that one in the coming weeks. Tired old girl she be....presently 3337800 miles young and little rust...none on the unibody, fenders or doors but the tailgate has one rust hole in it. Biggest issue is the rear K-frame is aluminum and the years/miles/salt has not treated it well.....well advanced white death it has. It hasn't broken or come apart , but just a matter of tyme. Stihl running like top...starts instantly on the coldest mornings and burns/leaks no oil. Everything electrical stihl works flawlessly etc. Been a damn good winter beater the last 5 winters.......just a bear in the snow and an absolutely stellar heater!!
Good vehicles they be but all autos up here are recyclable, wintah being its worst enemy. Fresh start should last another 12 -14 trouble free years.

Few pics of the new ride/ black Volvo replacement, complete a with fresh layer of road dirt/salt........

Will be decommissioning the black one in the coming weeks......probably keep driving it until it quits snowing for the season......inspection is good until mid summah so no rush as long as the wheels stay on it....

IMG_1771.jpgIMG_1767.jpgIMG_1768.jpgIMG_1769.jpg

Sure looks better than the old ( brick ) wagons like Ron has. LOL Good looking car. Should last you several years.
I hope so. The black one has lasted me 5 winters and I bought that with 302,000 miles and it still runs great, burns no oil, trans works fine and all the electrical widgets still work fine. Basically just one very important part is NLA and makes it pretty scary to operate on the road. It amazing what a difference of 240,000 miles makes!!!!
As with all used junk it will take me a while to go through it and make it "mine"....but I am very happy with it!!

Holy ****!!!! Page 13!!!!??????

Yesterday I had time to get back in the woodpile. The 61/268XP conversion had needed a carb kit for a while.....made it real hard starting and it pulls over pretty darn hard anyway, so wasn't liking that!! Few daze ago had a few mins so did an OEM Tilotson kit but was dark so hadn't started it or tuned it....first kit since I built the saw years ago. Also replaced my pink wheels with CBN wheels so yesterday morning I re-shaped the 3/8" one to cut down the rakers without having to alter my grinder settings, (other than for tooth location). Put a fresh grind on the Stihl RS and then cut the rakers. After all that effort I was rewarded with a real fast saw that was self feeding.....perhaps a bit to much as I was in some 20" dry ash logs and had to go easy as she was pretty hungry but that will come out of it in another grinding or two. Damn...... I'd kinda forgot how capable that saw is....she likes to go she does!!! Just goes to show, when you stop and do everything right, how good they go compared to if you haff-azz it even a tiny bit.......

Couple pics of what I woke up to this mornin'.......good day to keep your beer cold...for free!!!!IMG_1799.jpgIMG_1798.jpg

Hmmm, you can keep the snow but I know you like to share, it will be here tomorrow if we are on the cold side of the trough.
Well....couldn't keep the snow very long...sun came out bright later in the day and between that and the ground temp being up it disappeared by 4:00PM.....then back out to the wood pile. Bucked up a tank's worth and split that plus what I didn't get the day before due to being rained out. Put in another 2 1/2 hrs on it yesterday. Gotta get this pile done.....one week from today I'll be out of commission for 6 weeks and likely a bit longer before I'll be able to handle a saw.

Well....couldn't keep the snow very long...sun came out bright later in the day and between that and the ground temp being up it disappeared by 4:00PM.....then back out to the wood pile. Bucked up a tank's worth and split that plus what I didn't get the day before due to being rained out. Put in another 2 1/2 hrs on it yesterday. Gotta get this pile done.....one week from today I'll be out of commission for 6 weeks and likely a bit longer before I'll be able to handle a saw.
Stihl got a few days left before the knife, you will get enough of er dun.

Yep.....spent a week in the lovely town of Dildo day tripping out the numerous peninsulas....nice place but they didn't seem to sell postcards from there.......in any store or restaurant I went in...and I looked.....
So you found your retirement business plan. If no businesses will sell your Dildo postcards open your own B&B and lounge. May I recommend a name: Stickit Inn.

Well.....our beloved Falls Bridge is going away. To old and narrow by todaze standards. This crosses the large reversing falls on Bay Road in South Blue Hill....I crossed it numerous times a day when my old shop was further down Bay Road. They gonna put in a temp bridge to the right (in the pic) and remove the old bridge and build new in the same place.

IMG_1807.jpgIMG_1816.jpgIMG_1820.jpg

Back