Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes the lightning makes icicles, but they only come in dirt flavor.
The MS162 fanboys and people down from NY like them, who am I to judge?

Yea the white stuff, we get that during the colder months up here. There was several feet of it only a few days before the pic was taken, in the area around the tree the snow was about 3 feet but out in open areas it had drifted in banks over 4 feet, during that time it was too difficult to walk or work there.

I know some of the other regulars that once posted in this thread are still above sod, was hoping some of them would stop by and drop a post for old times sake.:)
I occasionally seek out threads on certain topics, and make a post without first checking the date on the most recent date.. let's just say I have unintentionally revived a few very very old threads 🙃
Often these old fellers will respond with "here's a blast from the past" I'm always glad to see these folks are still around

Has anyone here ever used anything other than 2-stroke oil in their fuel mix?

My brother and I mixed up a small batch for our old ice auger a few weeks ago. We didn't have any 2 stroke oil on hand at the cabin. we used some gear oil. Worked surprisingly great!

Has anyone here ever used anything other than 2-stroke oil in their fuel mix?

My brother and I mixed up a small batch for our old ice auger a few weeks ago. We didn't have any 2 stroke oil on hand at the cabin. we used some gear oil. Worked surprisingly great!
That had to smell good

So…..Got the renta-ride here in Iceland, 6cyl diesel LandRover Defender. Man these rigs have come a long ways since the Series daze. Check out the idiot lights !!!! Danny note the third one down in the second pic…. Even tells ya when to stop for another koffee!!!!

View attachment 1160149View attachment 1160152
They sure have advanced into the space age compared to the Landys of old, graduated up from the old rough n tumble back land explorers to the pavement cruisers of todays well healed fluffers requirements. Any carrot tops over there cruising around. LOL. Have a great trip amd don`t go too close to the hot spots, could curl yer hairs.

Been 10 years since I got sick. But I stihl thank you guys every day for what you all did for me on this site. Just amazing how good the people on here are.
Real good to hear from you,John. Wish you were still working ,whording saws but at least you are still with us above sod. I don`t do near what I used to do on saws either, back to just being a user and some repairs so still have my stick on the ice. You had us all beat on the number of saw projects you had going on weekly, you are more than welcome for the bit of help we lent you after your hospital stay.

I miss making them knives too. I sure made a lot of them. LOL I stihl have a few left for the grandkids.
I still have the ones you sent me! They hold a high place in my small collection, the bigger one with the brier wood handle gets used time to time, keep the blade clean and oiled, have had many ask about it and admire a one of a kind model.

I still have the ones you sent me! They hold a high place in my small collection, the bigger one with the brier wood handle gets used time to time, keep the blade clean and oiled, have had many ask about it and admire a one of a kind model.
Glad you use them a little. Thats what they are for. LOL

Glad you use them a little. Thats what they are for. LOL
Use them but also take care of them. I have plenty of others for the rough work but even those get cleaned and oiled after each use. I lose a few but have never broke or worn one out. Had a prized one stolen by a druggie that lived with us a while, he was a persistent thief all his life, passed on 5 years ago, didn`t bother me at all.

Latest posts

Back