Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' for an 019T carcass with traditional sprocket cover and chain adjuster...(or just the sprocket cover and chain adjuster). Adjustable 'H' carb would certainly be a plus as would a 3/8" PiccoMicro b/c setup.

Yeah, I know. "Only thing they actually got right with the 019T design is it isn't yellow."

Plenty of MiniMac stuff that doesn't quite fit available for trade.

TIA.

this what your looking for? it's missing the spring and i couldn't find a spacer that goes in between the case and starter. if it'll do ya right hit me up with a convo.IMG_0160.JPG IMG_0161.JPG

You may want to specify if you have a 2 paw or 3 paw flywheel.

every 298 i've ever seen had a 3 pawl flywheel but there very well could be some with the 2 pawl flywheel. . i believe the 2 pawl cover is different also having a thinner starter and a thicker spacer. the pulley also mounts on a bushing in the 2 pawl cover while the 3 pawl does not. i'm sure terry could machine his way around that if need be though. another option would be to find the newer lighter 2100 3 pawl flywheel.

Okay guys I'm looking for some heated handle parts. I need the generator the flywheel and the rear grip inserts for 385 2186!

hay homelight. find out whether the 372 and 385 generator are the same. i have a 372 one. also have a 372 generator flywheel. i can't remember if the 385 uses the same one.

The 372 and 385 do indeed use the same flywheel so it is likely that the generator flywheel is interchangeable also.

The 372 and 385 do not use the same flywheel. The 385 flywheel is heavier and has more fins, as well as a different part number. You can run a 372 flywheel in a 385 and vice versa, but they're much different.

I
The 372 and 385 do not use the same flywheel. The 385 flywheel is heavier and has more fins, as well as a different part number. You can run a 372 flywheel in a 385 and vice versa, but they're much different.

I've seen the heavier with more fins flywheel on all saws in the range. All use a flywheel stamped 503 51-15-0X so they start with the same basic flywheel. The pawls are different so the assembly P/N's are bound to be different. The later 61-272 use the same basic flywheel also. I think the differences are for different vendors for the flywheel.

I

I've seen the heavier with more fins flywheel on all saws in the range. All use a flywheel stamped 503 51-15-0X so they start with the same basic flywheel. The pawls are different so the assembly P/N's are bound to be different. The later 61-272 use the same basic flywheel also. I think the differences are for different vendors for the flywheel.

Actually, the pawls are the same. I know what you mean about the same basic flywheel, but the 385 flywheel is heavier because it's part of an overall heavier reciprocating assembly (piston/crank/connecting rod.) A modified 385 with a lightened piston does quite well with the 372 flywheel as its' less resistance provides for faster acceleration. But the trade off is a lower volume of air movement at high speed, but that can mitigated with the modifications to the cylinder and muffler. However- the stock saws have different flywheels for a reason- because they're different saws intended for a different workload.

Back