Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me like it goes in cycles sometimes. One months its all 046/460's, or 038's, or 044's, or 066's.
Right now it seems like 064 full tilt boogy! Im very happy to be part of it!

Thanks to jimbo1490 and Scooterbum I have just about got my 064 up and running...

Tom-

I have the oil pump, let me check and see if I have the bar plates. If so you can have all those items.
All I ask is that you keep an eye peeled for more big Solo parts. :smile2:

I will, but I see very few solo parts in my area. Thanks Tom

david bradley 360

I am looking for some piston rings for my 360, If anyone can help would be great. I have a few 360 parts if someone needed em

also looking for bucking spikes for a homelite zip,started recoil, and muffler sheild

Thanks Guys Merry Christmas

Thanks to jimbo1490 and Scooterbum I have just about got my 064 up and running...

That is one very nice set of case, huh? The only thing negative about them was the hardened tree gunk. I soaked them in the parts washer for week but some of it still would not come off!

Jimbo

Jay,
You should beable to take a few of your wants out of you sig line next week. .....Oil pump out of the 55 and chain brake out of the 455.

Cool man! Thanks for the patience on my end!

do you need a 55 oil pump and a 455 chain brake cover?? If so, I got ya covered... :) :clap:

J

J-

Do you still need a 55 flywheel in addition to the other stuff you mentioned? If so, I can throw one in.

I don't have one on the way currently (that i'm aware of ;) :laugh: ) but have been promised by another member... so, yeah, I could use one still ;)

whatcha sending me?

what am I sending you?

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

J

I don't have one on the way currently (that i'm aware of ;) :laugh: ) but have been promised by another member... so, yeah, I could use one still ;)

whatcha sending me?

what am I sending you?

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

J

Well, lessee...I'm sending you a 272 throttle link, drum + gear, chain tensioner, 390XP piston and rings, and now a 55 flywheel. You're sending me?
I'll settle for Titan 100 in two-man garb. :)

Well, lessee...I'm sending you a 272 throttle link, drum + gear, chain tensioner, 390XP piston and rings, and now a 55 flywheel. You're sending me?
I'll settle for Titan 100 in two-man garb. :)

hmm... I'll send ya that, postage paid if ya throw in that 272 brake cover ;) :laugh:

oh, wait... ain't got one of those Titans :cry:... would christmas cheer, or a Zip 5 cut it?? 2 man saws?? i'll keep my eye peeled. I ACTUALLY have little/no clue what you truly collect... :confused: old pioneers, IEL's, etc?

P&C for straight-gassed MS290 and P&C for Craftsman 42cc

Need a P&C for a straight-gassed MS290. Also need a P&C for a 42cc Craftsman (red)(358) 2.6. Have folding green stuff or a painted turtle shell (your choice of art~how about a Stihl logo? Mac? Husky? Hang it in your shop - great mojo). Gotta get the (other) son-in-law back into wood. Thanks....

looking for
ms460 tank
ms460 filter cover
ms460 brake handle

have a great ms440 tank and filter cover to trade or cash

hmm... I'll send ya that, postage paid if ya throw in that 272 brake cover ;) :laugh:

oh, wait... ain't got one of those Titans :cry:... would christmas cheer, or a Zip 5 cut it?? 2 man saws?? i'll keep my eye peeled. I ACTUALLY have little/no clue what you truly collect... :confused: old pioneers, IEL's, etc?

Yeah those Titans are much rarer than the KMS-4 or maybe even the Yanmar rotary. The 100 was introduced as a dual-purpose one or two-man saw with a twin cylinder configuration that was in-line on the perpendicular axis from the operator. However, there was a thrust bearing on the crank that failed rapidly and most of the saws sent out to the woods met an early demise, so Titan stopped making them immediately. Older Pioneers and IELs are usually what I'm after. Anything like that from pre-1970. The one Pioneer I'm looking to find is a 1750.
I'll send some parts your way Monday. Unfortunately, I don't have a 272 chain brake.

Starting digging around in the garage today and found some stuff...

Nice Stihl 270 air filter cover: 1133 141 1002 A
Nice Stihl 290? air filter cover: 1127 141 1041 A (might be gone)

Decent Husky clutch/bar cover: 501 87 41 (Rubber chip deflector is in, all the other parts to the brake are missing) (might be gone)
Bing Carb for an 038 that likely needs rebuilt: Bing 48

Last edited:
Yeah those Titans are much rarer than the KMS-4 or maybe even the Yanmar rotary. The 100 was introduced as a dual-purpose one or two-man saw with a twin cylinder configuration that was in-line on the perpendicular axis from the operator. However, there was a thrust bearing on the crank that failed rapidly and most of the saws sent out to the woods met an early demise, so Titan stopped making them immediately. Older Pioneers and IELs are usually what I'm after. Anything like that from pre-1970. The one Pioneer I'm looking to find is a 1750.
I'll send some parts your way Monday. Unfortunately, I don't have a 272 chain brake.

JJ, I'm looking for a old Pioneer as well and I'll make you a deal. I'll send you the first 1750 I find and you send me the first 1850 or 1870 you find! :hmm3grin2orange:

JJ, I'm looking for a old Pioneer as well and I'll make you a deal. I'll send you the first 1750 I find and you send me the first 1850 or 1870 you find! :hmm3grin2orange:

Mark-

That works for me. I actually know where there's an 1850 hanging in the rafters of a three-story barn. It has a 54" Cannon bar and a helper handle.

Really? I'll be on Oregon tomorrow so how do we get it? :hmm3grin2orange:

Do we need a ladder to get it down?

The old boy won't sell it or trade for anything. I've talked to him several times. He's a rancher with quite a bit of land. He bought the Pioneer used from a faller
in the mid-70's and added the bar and helper handle to fall two giant Sugar Pine he had on his property. He used the trees to make all the cabinets and counter-
tops in two custom homes that he sold for top dollar in '81 & '82. He said the memories of that saw are too good to let go of and I really can't blame him.

I'm looking for a 18" big mont husqvarna bar in .050ga, 3/8 pitch and 68DL. Have these to trade:

18" K095 mount (small mount - Husqvarna) powermatch, 68DL - .050ga - 3/8 (bar only)
View attachment 213237

OR

20" K095 mount (small mount Husqvarna) Carlton, 72DL - .058ga - 3/8 (bar only)
View attachment 213238

Last edited:
Tom-

I have the oil pump, let me check and see if I have the bar plates. If so you can have all those items.
All I ask is that you keep an eye peeled for more big Solo parts. :smile2:

JJ, what sort of old Solo parts are you chasing? Lots of those down here but I usually pass them up. Think I have 6 1/2 HP Solo under the bench. BTW - that 395 coil you sent last year is still going strong!

Al.

Latest posts

Back