The Chinese Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will add this, Yes the average work ethic is high for many asians. But there moral business ethic low, only because it is their culture. This may sound racist. But I have worked with many different races in construction and the trend is there. I also have friends that have gone to china to have products made, once prototypes were finished and all specs agreed apon it was go ahead time. They had trouble with the consistancy of delviered product due to small things being changed, materials subsituted simply because it was easier for the manufacture, at no time was the client contacted on the change. The bear minimum is good enough and there quality of life is much lower. Yes they want better but will do what ever to make some $$$ to feed their family. If the big companies are setting up factories there and controling quality that is understandable, but they will also stand behind it, IE Stihl buying Zama. But stuff straight out of china is just landfill. I will be used high quality over new cheap crap EVERY time. IF im lucky enough to afford new high quality then that just leaves me with a bigger smile.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
make a chainsaw! hell we dont even make shoes or bloody clothes here anymore how are we gonna make a chainsaw and even if we did it would cost about 3 grand for a 50cc saw after the unions drive the wages up to 85 bucks an hour plus penalties, 8 weeks holiday plus 12 weeks maternity leave, 2 rdo's a month, plus wet days off even though you work inside! which means we could possibly produce 175 saws per year:hmm3grin2orange:

Make that 3,500.00 you forgot the carbon tax :angry:

I've never bought a durable good made in China that was worth a damn. I wouldn't even consider buying a chainsaw made there. If I didn't want to pay new price I would just buy a good used one of known good quality. Stihl, Husky, Echo, Dolmar whatever. I don't know if the Chicoms can't make anything right, or they won't. I just know they DON'T.
If you want to buy one just go buy and find out for yourself.

Would you like us to real off a few US beaut movies? How many days have you got spare? :hmm3grin2orange:

And yes I'm fed up with this you and us crap. The balance is the same regardless of the turf you stand on.

021.jpg

hmmmmmmmm the pot calling the kettle black

So where are they??

I have not seen a Chinese chainsaw. I have and Italian big bore kit on a Husky, but that's because I can't get a new P&C from husky :(

Where are the links to these saws we are discussing?

I have some Chinese made items in the shop including a large all-position vise that I can't get from a USA MFG. I have Swedish saws, and USA saws, and Japanese saws (Echo) and they all work.

Why couldn't the Chinese make a decent saw? They have trees and timbers to cut too?

I guess the question is are we getting their commercial products, or something for importers to market??

I have not seen a Chinese chainsaw. I have and Italian big bore kit on a Husky, but that's because I can't get a new P&C from husky :(

Where are the links to these saws we are discussing?

I have some Chinese made items in the shop including a large all-position vise that I can't get from a USA MFG. I have Swedish saws, and USA saws, and Japanese saws (Echo) and they all work.

Why couldn't the Chinese make a decent saw? They have trees and timbers to cut too?

I guess the question is are we getting their commercial products, or something for importers to market??

Here ya go....
Chinese ripoff junk.

Chainsaw Directory of Chainsaw Products from China Wholesalers, Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters

Now how would you feel if the Chinese started producing a knock off version of the 2100DC Husqvarna? I think we could all agree that this could be the last straw. As Ronald Regan would say "The bombing starts in 10 minutes".:hmm3grin2orange:

I've never bought a durable good made in China that was worth a damn. I wouldn't even consider buying a chainsaw made there. If I didn't want to pay new price I would just buy a good used one of known good quality. Stihl, Husky, Echo, Dolmar whatever. I don't know if the Chicoms can't make anything right, or they won't. I just know they DON'T.
If you want to buy one just go buy and find out for yourself.

No offense here pardner but you don't have a CLUE about what you have bought that may have come straight from China!

Corporations were the first to see that offshore manufacturing was the easiest way to increase the profit margin. Due to MANY factors they went to these other countries to have parts or entire products manufactured and sold them as original.
Who can blame the companies that our corporations contracted with if they continued to manufacture those products after the original contract expired?

WE taught the offshore manufacturers how to steal our designs!
WE elected politicians who passed laws that made it impossible to stay in business.
WE demanded greater return for the stocks we bought!
WE demanded wages and benefits that were unreasonable when compared to other countries.
WE had to have more "stuff" at less cost!

So don't go blaming and pointing fingers.
If you want to see who caused this problem, look in the mirror.

Mike

Well ...

I see a lot of older outdated designs. I see a lot of Stihl knock-offs and some Husky stuff. I see prices from $450'ish to $20' ish and I guess you get what you pay for, even in this market. 105cc for less than a $1K is interesting if you have a few jobs to do as a farmer or rancher, but I likely wouldn't be betting my firm on one ...

You guys want to know what that china crank is made of? Want to see how it compares to a Sthil crank?

Send me one of each. I get along pretty good with the QC guys at the job I'm on and I can have them PMI (positive metal identification) bothof them.

You will then see what there both made of.

As for the whole China thing, I think I'll stay out of that as I have my own opinions of it, but lets just say I wont even own a car that is owned by a off shore company....

You guys want to know what that china crank is made of? Want to see how it compares to a Sthil crank?

Send me one of each. I get along pretty good with the QC guys at the job I'm on and I can have them PMI (positive metal identification) bothof them.

You will then see what there both made of.

As for the whole China thing, I think I'll stay out of that as I have my own opinions of it, but lets just say I wont even own a car that is owned by a off shore company....

i wouldnt mind knowing that my self, im a stihl man and would love to see whats under their skirt, see if their gear really is that good.

Now how would you feel if the Chinese started producing a knock off version of the 2100DC Husqvarna? I think we could all agree that this could be the last straw. As Ronald Regan would say "The bombing starts in 10 minutes".:hmm3grin2orange:

That sounds about right if ya cant beat em destroy em ................ just make sure you've got plenty of bombs as you blokes couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun.

McBob

So Bob, is this crank going to be for that nice 090 race cylinder and carb you have bought? I hope not....and after all the Stihl bashing you have done, why the hell are you doing it....after all, Mac first, last and every time right?

But but i'm lonely and need sumthing to fill my idle time ....... yep looking for a bottom end ................. i might have ta build me a Mac Stihl you know just so i don't feel left out
A 090 in black and yella give it that loving feeling .............. gee Husq2100 your right on to me .............. neil chatted me up yesterday too.

Oh the feeling of being loved

McBob.

No offense here pardner but you don't have a CLUE about what you have bought that may have come straight from China!

Corporations were the first to see that offshore manufacturing was the easiest way to increase the profit margin. Due to MANY factors they went to these other countries to have parts or entire products manufactured and sold them as original.
Who can blame the companies that our corporations contracted with if they continued to manufacture those products after the original contract expired?

WE taught the offshore manufacturers how to steal our designs!
WE elected politicians who passed laws that made it impossible to stay in business.
WE demanded greater return for the stocks we bought!
WE demanded wages and benefits that were unreasonable when compared to other countries.
WE had to have more "stuff" at less cost!

So don't go blaming and pointing fingers.
If you want to see who caused this problem, look in the mirror.

Mike

No offense taken. I stick with my comment though. Every item (that was supposedly a durable good) which was labelled "made in China" has been a disappointment. I'm talking hand tools, like wrenches, screwdrivers pliers etc. Hell they can't even make a hammer right. I bought a pressure washer with a chinese gas motor on, its still pretty new and so far runs ok, but sure doesn't look to be made very well. I've bought chinese bearings, and roller chain too. It flat out is not worth the powder it would take to blow it to hell. Yes higher quality costs a hell of a lot more. That's because its worth more.
You'll get no disagreement from me on the factors you listed of why so much of our manufacturing has moved to China. That doesn't mean I'm willing to buy it. I'd just rather buy top quality and use it for several years than buy a cheap item and replace it several times. If its an item that I won't use very often I'd prefer to buy something used.
You can pay for it and not get it, but it's hard to get it and not pay for it.
The OP asked for only those who had experience with particular model in question to post. But I just couldn't resist putting my two cents in.

Have a good one

That sounds about right if ya cant beat em destroy em ................ just make sure you've got plenty of bombs as you blokes couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun.

McBob

The last time I checked, with some of our bombs, close enough is good enough. ;)

PS. I think making gun analogies with Americans is kind of ironic. If you Aussies want to hit a barn you will have to bring the sling shot, or did they make you join a slingshot club to own one?

The last time I checked, with some of our bombs, close enough is good enough. ;)

PS. I think making gun analogies with Americans is kind of ironic. If you Aussies want to hit a barn you will have to bring the sling shot, or did they make you join a slingshot club to own one?

Beat me to it , I was thinking the same thing.

Back