The Chinese Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, now back to our regular programing ...

I was at lunch with the family and while they were discussing other matters I let my mind drift a bit (easy enough to do at my age :)). It seems that Stihl and Husky may have made a logical decision here? If my thinking is correct, they get double bang for the $$.

They get to sell, or license, older tooling and designs to be built in China. They get to keep selling their products into markets that normally could not afford their name's. They get to keep making spares for their older designs which keeps their reputation for good support of older models w/o the cost of doing it in Germany or Sweden where they need all the floor space and staff for current modern production.

So it looks like a strategic decision and good marketing. The only downside is for us to determine which MFGs are really licensed by the respective actual patent and copy-write owners? For Stihl, my guess is Juli Tool, but it's only a guess so far :msp_sad:

Lol, at least we aren't having a school massacre every 5 minutes!

And you blame those on guns? Might as well blame the car than hit grandma crossing the street. Nut jobs are nut jobs, and will do harm with anything they can get their hands on.

and most of the time they get their guns illegally. We have another phenomenon here, the press never reports when a gun saves a life, which happens more often than when a gun is used for evil intent, or how guns prevent crime. I have read story's about how your criminals run rampant, what exactly is your crime rate in Australia, I wounder what weapons are used instead of guns, I bet you have a lot of knife and blunt object assaults. Crime is crime and it happens everywhere whether there are guns or not, I know I sleep better at night knowing that if someone comes in my home uninvited they will be leaving in a plastic bag never to return again.

and most of the time they get their guns illegally. We have another phenomenon here, the press never reports when a gun saves a life, which happens more often than when a gun is used for evil intent, or how guns prevent crime. I have read story's about how your criminals run rampant, what exactly is your crime rate in Australia, I wounder what weapons are used instead of guns, I bet you have a lot of knife and blunt object assaults. Crime is crime and it happens everywhere whether there are guns or not, I know I sleep better at night knowing that if someone comes in my home uninvited they will be leaving in a plastic bag never to return again.

usualy all it takes is the mention of the gun to have them running out.
love my remington...

Redirect Notice

It's best to not have guns in the possession of solely the cops and the criminals, as it'd take a crippling tax burden to actually assure that the police can serve as protection as opposed to a follow-up service. Citizens should be able to protect themselves.

Even if you do ban em' all, it's pretty common knowledge among people who know a thing or two about guns that a 12 gauge shell fits perfectly into a .75" ID piece of pipe, so if one really wants to commit a crime, they can make a single shot 12 gauge for around $20.

That and more can be found here:

http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/june2007/imhv3.pdf

And you blame those on guns? Might as well blame the car than hit grandma crossing the street. Nut jobs are nut jobs, and will do harm with anything they can get their hands on.

Imagine if they had to beat you to death with a lollipop .................. guns and kids dont mix and not all the kids are clueless regardless of what the press write

Ah well thank goodness theres plenty of them popping a few does'nt hurt till its your kid killed

McBob.

we still got our guns skip, most of us are licensed and have no problems with the gun laws in OZ, and okay we're not legally aloud fully automatic's like in the USA, but then again a sniper with a single shot-semi has a greater kill rate & uses less ammo .lol. but anyway we still go at it fist to fist on the streets, some of the gutless teens use knifes ...there's also criminals/gangs shooting each other or trying to. The dumb ####ers don't aim they're been watching to many American movies lol. But personally if some one breaks into my home I will have more fun with a baseball bat :D its only if they run that ill have to get out the .222 to bust a cap in the back of there head.

I spent a year in Vietnam shooting gooks at night in ambushes mate its not fun i can tell you even if they cant see you in the dark.

Yes firearms have there place but not in the hands of those who lack a lawful purpose guns are for one purpose only killing i have seen enough
of that and gringe when things get out of hand but truth is i have no desire to even own a firearm anymore and never will.

McBob.

I spent a year in Vietnam shooting gooks at night in ambushes mate its not fun i can tell you even if they cant see you in the dark.

Yes firearms have there place but not in the hands of those who lack a lawful purpose guns are for one purpose only killing i have seen enough
of that and gringe when things get out of hand but truth is i have no desire to even own a firearm anymore and never will.

McBob.

And just as you have the right to be gunless, I demand the right to protect myself and my family to the best of my ability.
It's NOT enough to know that the police will show up sometime, clean up the mess and open a case file that may never be closed.

Mike

McBob.
yeah i hear ya mate. the only reason i have guns is I'm a farmer and we have to shoot stock at times, and keep the feral animals ( the four legged ones. lol ) under control.

I imagine you wouldn't be against child soldiers either like they use in Africa

How in the WORLD could you get from where he was to where you went???
That assumption, based on his statement is absolutely ludicrous!

Are you a chainsaw murderer???
You are on a chainsaw site and you've made a point of not liking guns, so I imagine you wouldn't be against committing a murder with a saw. Maybe if it was someone nobody liked anyway?

Holy Cow!:bang:

Mike

Imagine if they had to beat you to death with a lollipop .................. guns and kids dont mix and not all the kids are clueless regardless of what the press write

Ah well thank goodness theres plenty of them popping a few does'nt hurt till its your kid killed

McBob.

Imagine if some guy, high on heroin, broke into your house and tried to attack your daughter. Would you want to beat him to death with a lollipop?

McBob.

If in 1776 the men here in America had no guns, then we might still be part of the British Commonwealth.

But they did have guns. And they knew how to use them.

And the second amendment to the Constitution says, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged.

How in the WORLD could you get from where he was to where you went???
That assumption, based on his statement is absolutely ludicrous!

Are you a chainsaw murderer???
You are on a chainsaw site and you've made a point of not liking guns, so I imagine you wouldn't be against committing a murder with a saw. Maybe if it was someone nobody liked anyway?

Holy Cow!:bang:

Mike

I have to agree. I guess it is time for me to leave this thread. Holy Cow is right.

You guys are making me laugh. Some people may not like guns, and some people may, but you have no right to tell either one you must have a gun or you must give your gun up. I will give my gun up when you pry my cold dead fingers from it, but I will never hold a gun to your head and demand that you own a gun. I have trained both my kids on the proper use of a gun for their safety as I usually have one or two laying around, and some of them are better than what the military is issued. Seems to me the Australian people used to be well trained in firearms back in the day and had a prowd fighting force, which starts at a young age at home with a hunting rifle. This whole thread is mute as all law abiding Americans have the right to own firearms, and with the proper paper work we get to own guns like these, which are good for only one thing.
Photo0183.jpg

Photo0182.jpg

Zombie hunting!

Last edited:
Imagine if some guy, high on heroin, broke into your house and tried to attack your daughter. Would you want to beat him to death with a lollipop?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: maybe one them big ol boys ya get at fairs and shows, pow right in the kisser!

Back