The Genius of Stihl, an Amazing Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl Tractor

attachment.php

The engine is a 131B, 14hp, 2 stroke, air cooled diesel, with 5 forward gears (one being very low speed) and one reverse.

Tommy Tommy Tommy: you got ba__ls to eat all this crap. The shrapnel is heavy. But c'mon, it's like a tease without the strip. :buttkick: A ___ without the %&$*#@*$! Poor Andreas will never have his story told at this rate. And poor us in the far reaches of Siberia with only a satellite connection --- ( read: "SLOW" ).
You owe me big time--I've gone through a six pack of Bass Ale diddling on this thread, now about to reach into a private stash of a 25.4 oz can of Fosters :givebeer: ( it was supposed to be saved for Valentine's Day). You may feel great guilt. Great guilt. Feel it ? :dizzy:
So get to it boy. ....please ? Which finger did you say typed.....? :confused:

This might help

I am curious as to what Stihl manufactured for the German war effort. Did Andreas join the Nazi Party?
(Insert goose-stepping smiley here).:popcorn:

The Nazi rise to power encouraged Stihl's domestic growth but hampered its international development. In an effort to standardize production within industries, the Nazis held competitions and Stihl's design became the authorized German chain saw. All other German chain saw manufacturers were required to license the Stihl design. However, the outbreak of World War II ended Stihl's international growth. During the war, the Bad Cannstatt plant was destroyed by bombs, and production was moved to Waiblingen. The German capitulation ending the European war also forced Stihl to a halt.

The Nazi rise to power encouraged Stihl's domestic growth but hampered its international development. In an effort to standardize production within industries, the Nazis held competitions and Stihl's design became the authorized German chain saw. All other German chain saw manufacturers were required to license the Stihl design. However, the outbreak of World War II ended Stihl's international growth. During the war, the Bad Cannstatt plant was destroyed by bombs, and production was moved to Waiblingen. The German capitulation ending the European war also forced Stihl to a halt.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Tommy Tommy Tommy: you got ba__ls to eat all this crap. The shrapnel is heavy. But c'mon, it's like a tease without the strip. :buttkick: A ___ without the %&$*#@*$! Poor Andreas will never have his story told at this rate. And poor us in the far reaches of Siberia with only a satellite connection --- ( read: "SLOW" ).
You owe me big time--I've gone through a six pack of Bass Ale diddling on this thread, now about to reach into a private stash of a 25.4 oz can of Fosters :givebeer: ( it was supposed to be saved for Valentine's Day). You may feel great guilt. Great guilt. Feel it ? :dizzy:

"almost word for word".....Hahahahahaha! Maybe I am confused there tuff guy.....but I think I will take your advise.....Get myself a Peter Stihl autographed copy.

What a weenie you are pal hay momma always said Ifn ya cant say anything nice then jest shut up why dontcha do that

Log I tried to start the story off all nice for the fine folks on here but as you can see I got invaded from those heathens over in the over camp, all in fun of course and I've enjoyed it all well, I must admit. Tell ya what I'm gonna do. I've been advised not to go word for word using the book as the source for various reasons. So I'm gonna start telling it in my own words as I go through it page by page. That way it will go faster, be just as accurate and for those that want it word for word will have to merely buy the book.

Right now Manual is coming up with alot of info so tonite he has pen in hand and I'll let him continue without agervating him.

In an effort to standardize production within industries, the Nazis held competitions and Stihl's design became the authorized German chain saw.

(snip)

The German capitulation ending the European war also forced Stihl to a halt.

Stihl...helping to facilitate surrender for over 60 years!! :D

Back