Vacation Ramblings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, not even YOU can saw a tree down with a pipe wrench ... even one THAT size. :D

Wendell, on the other hand .... :hmm3grin2orange:

wow. I'm surprised you can still buy a pipe wrench that big. When I was plumbing code here said threaded pipe was max 2" - therefore a 24" wrench was the biggest you ever needed.

Is there really threaded schedule in use big enough for that bad boy?

Hey, that's a 3120xp pipe wrench with a 36" handle, I've got one of those rusting its balls off in the back of my truck. Chipper chain is hard to beat cutting dirty wood, but you can always use a ripping chain and wood-massage that pile all night long! I wish you the best on your vacation, and every other day too!

what is your game plan Brad?

1) are you going to do any machine work?
2) are you going to keep it strato or do the 261 thing?
3) are you going to buy the diagnostic tool?

Please let us know if it falls over. This could be a deal breaker for hundreds of potential buyers

brad,
i thought you learned your lesson last year (or was it the year before) about going to florida and cutting wood in the summer time ??
i'm refering to the year you carved up/out those seats outa the stumps ..

Cutting wood in July is no fun in NW Florida. The heat index is supposed to be 105 - 110 today, and very high humidity to boot. I got me a belly full of it this past Saturday, taking down an oak that had fallen on my parent's house during one of the thunderstorms. The 550 helped get the job done, along with the 262xp.

I'm located about 100 miles East of where Brad is "vacationing".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back