Vacation Ramblings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, today was quite the let down. I hate to say so, but I got a bum saw. I fueled it up with fresh premium unleaded and Motul 800 2T at 32:1. Once it warmed up, it settled in and ran nicely, with great throttle response and impressive power. On the 20th cut through 8"-12" wood, it just cut out, out of the blue. It would fire back up and idle without issue, but it wouldn't take throttle at all. I thought, maybe I got bad fuel. So, I went and bought a couple bottles of Sunoco SEF94 50:1. No improvement. I then replaced the spark plug. That didn't help either. I removed the muffler and the piston is fine. I removed the carb, made sure there was no visible dirt in it, and made sure the fuel line and filter were good. I put it back together, and still no luck. It looks to me as if I have a bad carb, or more likely, an electronic issue. I was so looking forward to using this saw. Oh well.

[video=youtube_share;XstxCpCHszk]http://youtu.be/XstxCpCHszk[/video]

IMG9190-M.jpg

IMG9191-M.jpg

IMG9192-M.jpg

IMG9193-M.jpg

IMG9194-L.jpg

IMG9196-M.jpg

Big time. Especially after going to the trouble to make sure I had it here.

It's too close to tell in the video if it's ignition or fuel. . . Sounds like it could be either.

I'd put it in the box and flop it down on the dealers counter and say, "Give me another barkeep!" :laugh:

isn't there an electronic 'reset' procedure? Something about idle with choke on for a full minute? Or is that Stihl?

I think I've got myself talked into going through the carb tomorrow and spraying through every little hole. There's no throttle position sensor, so it almost has to be fuel related, in relation to the air flow. When I go WOT, it simple can't supply enough fuel. Then again, maybe the electronics aren't commanding the correct fuel.

Back