Vacation Ramblings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd by God demand a full refund and a new set of boot laces! :laugh:

Makes sense to me. It didn't have a half tank of fuel through it when things went south. On the other hand, I don't mind working through the issue either. I'd like to swap out the carb first, and then the coil if that doesn't do it.

It might be a case where Husky wants it back too.

Makes sense to me. It didn't have a half tank of fuel through it when things went south. On the other hand, I don't mind working through the issue either. I'd like to swap out the carb first, and then the coil if that doesn't do it.

It might be a case where Husky wants it back too.

I wouldn't get too touchy-feely with it, they might tell you to bugger off if you did want to take it back.

They'll see you monkey'd around inside and say you did something to it. :msp_sneaky:

On a serious note, I gotta ask if u checked the basics? Fuel line, filter and tank vent? How bout the decomp? It's definitely lean sounding. Could be the flux capicitor though...

4420f3dd.jpg

On a serious note, I gotta ask if u checked the basics? Fuel line, filter and tank vent? How bout the decomp? It's definitely lean sounding. Could be the flux capicitor though...

I was waiting for you or Mike to show up and say I told you so.

From the video it does sound like it's not getting enough fuel. Maybe these saws only like the cold Scandinavian weather.;)

I know Brad that you are keep to fix it but what if its not fixable without changing something,coil,carb or what ever and you have to take it back,will they say bad luck you have fiddled with it and wont honer the warranty ?.
Its a shame there has been so much hype and interest in this saw and the one you get is a flop.:(

Check the fuel line/ filter inside the tank! When I got mine it was tangled up inside the tank and the filter was about 2'' off the tank floor.....stationary :msp_confused:. It had to be installed like that cause they's no way it just wadded up like it was on its on. May not be the problem but might be worth a look see. I'd tend to think it's probably fuel related instead of spark...but just a guess.:laugh:

Your chain is dull and loose. I know that was of no help. Sorry for your bad luck. Hope it works out for you. Does it run well when the tank is full?

No TPS? Are you sure? If you look at Mitch's screenshots of the diagnostics running it displays runtime at WOT. How would it know? Sounds like the processor is not acknowledging a WOT condition.

There is a TPS. The AT software can test for TPS or fuel solenoid problems, along with the temp sensor to let you know if there is a problem with the electronics or elsewhere. It can also store a trouble code, haven't seen that yet though.

And people act like previous to AT there never was a saw outta the box with problems....

Maybe it has a PPE detector cutoff thingy... and stuff. Sorry your new rig is acting up. I would be bumming. Russ:msp_thumbdn:

There is a TPS. The AT software can test for TPS or fuel solenoid problems, along with the temp sensor to let you know if there is a problem with the electronics or elsewhere. It can also store a trouble code, haven't seen that yet though.

And people act like previous to AT there never was a saw outta the box with problems....

I've personally seen several out of the box saws with some issues. But I could usually fix em with a screwdriver, some bubble gum and a stapler.

I'm anxious to see if he gets her goin or it's gonna have to have a $200 decoder thingy...

No TPS? Are you sure? If you look at Mitch's screenshots of the diagnostics running it displays runtime at WOT. How would it know? Sounds like the processor is not acknowledging a WOT condition.

Ya don't you pay attention? :jester:

I've personally seen several out of the box saws with some issues. But I could usually fix em with a screwdriver, some bubble gum and a stapler.

I'm anxious to see if he gets her goin or it's gonna have to have a $200 decoder thingy...

200 would be a heavy discount....

There is definitely a throttle sensor in there, and the diagnostic tool does perform a test on it. Also tests the temp sensor. It also shows the max carb temp of the last run, which should be quite high, especially in the clime you were cutting in.

You can't just put a carb on it without dumping the software into the AT module. Cleaning it wouldn't hurt. You never know if there's a little piece of something in there. But I'm thinking it could be sensor related.

I'd send it right back to that dealer that sold it to you and let him figure it out. You know how these dealers can be. Don't let that guy off the hook. :msp_sneaky:

The carb temp on mine the last time I ran it was 123*F way up here in the frigid state of Maine (most people confuse us with Canada, no idea why?). It was approx. 85*F out that day. I don't run it for really long periods of time, and I'd say 20 cuts in the size wood you had in your vid would put yours pretty close to the same temp as mine if the outside conditions were similar.

And I agree, it looks like a sensor like spike said.

I wouldn't get too touchy-feely with it, they might tell you to bugger off if you did want to take it back.

They'll see you monkey'd around inside and say you did something to it. :msp_sneaky:

I know Brad that you are keep to fix it but what if its not fixable without changing something,coil,carb or what ever and you have to take it back,will they say bad luck you have fiddled with it and wont honer the warranty ?.
Its a shame there has been so much hype and interest in this saw and the one you get is a flop.:(

I'm pretty sure this dealer's OK with me checking out the basics;)

Back