Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is getting tougher to find big inch saws, most were used until they could no longer be fixed.
There are still some stashes locally, but they aren't giving any away.
I had a few big Homelites, 7&8-29s, 1100G, 5-30s, 2100S and others, sold them when I moved a few years ago.
I haven't really missed them.

My wife told me my 031av pieces arrived today, so I will be trying to put it together this next week. I'm hoping I don't need to rebuild the carburetor, probably wouldn't hurt, but I'm going to try soaking the diaphragms in some oil or something to see if I can bring them back to life.
Use brake fluid to bring diaphragms back to life

I just used fingernail polish remover to soak, then applied heat from a hair dryer. Brought an old Mono with an AH47 motor back to life that was stuck, had no spark, crud in the carb, the whole nine yards. The only part that was unusable was the reed valve, found one online for 20$, and new fuel line.

Thanks for that, I was wondering what I should soak them in! I'll grab some today when I finally get back in town!

And I love big homelites, I wouldn't mind having a 990D/G one day to hang up, I love the way they look. Since I'm new to collecting though I don't quite have the funds for big saws like that, so I might snatch one of the price is right but I try to stay away for now. Speaking of big homies there is a 2100s for sale on eBay right now that still has several days left and it's already above $600

I just used fingernail polish remover to soak, then applied heat from a hair dryer. Brought an old Mono with an AH47 motor back to life that was stuck, had no spark, crud in the carb, the whole nine yards. The only part that was unusable was the reed valve, found one online for 20$, and new fuel line.
And I will have to remember this when I come across a saw that is locked up!

Latest posts

Back