Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I did tonight, I started working on cleaning the head up a little and then did some sanding on the handle and then it dominoed until it was done exactly how I had envisioned it. As far as I'm concerned it couldn't have been any more perfect..... it's gonna be fun to use, and BTW......

Razor frickin sharp, I filed it, then sliced myself wide open......:cool:

My fat meaty arm for scale20170313_211249.jpg 20170313_211254.jpg 20170313_211300.jpg

1dab2ad3f4e5917404c35df5b15985f3.jpg
no snow here today
No thank you sir

What did yall do today.....

Where's david? Here I'll find him....

Ahem, HOMELITE BOWSAWS!!!!
Present and accounted for Sir!!--Out chasing the Mcculloch 35 series saws--I own 3 now. 1 with bow and black 90 degree side handle. Getting all excited about Okefenokee Swamp--:sweet::sweet::sweet:

A little off topic... But here goes:
Does anybody here know if Craftsman, Snap-On or any other major tool manufacturer uses metal in their sockets that can be MIG/TIG welded on?
I don't know much of anything about metal.

Here's the reason I ask, I've got a Remington Super 660 G chainsaw that uses a sprocket with a 1/2" square hole as the driver. I cannot find any sprockets with a 1/2" square hole in them that use modern chain, so I have resorted to making one. Planning on welding a 1/2" driven socket to an Oregon .404" rim sprocket.
Anybody know if it will work?
Thanks much.

Back