Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried out these saws today, the only one that ran good was the Mac
a9f38313c3c96735970127a935674c86.jpg

The stihl 044 with a decomp wouldn’t fire off at all. I took the carburetor off and the fuel line was under pressure.

The 044 with a decomp would run for a few seconds and die each time you pull it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fun when they don't run. I'm pretty close to getting that Homie 350 that you sent me to run now. Ended up buying an entire used starter assembly as that was much cheaper than the silly little pot metal piece that the rope wraps around, as my little jb weld repair didn't hold up at all. Rebuild the carb and try to get that one running tomorrow. I'll try to get some video, but my gopro and phone does not like the extreme cold. They each get about a minute and shut off. It was at least -10 windchill today. Only going to get better in next week lol. It's beginning to feel a lot like winter, except with hardly any snow.

For snow, don't think so

Steve
Just come to southern MN for that. Been a lousy winter for us. Barely have enough snow to cover all the grass currently. But we have temps floating around 0 with a nice healthy windchill further dropping the temps. Going to get some snow tonight and tomorrow morning. Hopefully we will have some accumulation, but knowing our luck, we get a dusting again...

What up in everyone's neighborhood? Been busy fixing my saws as well as working on another special project.:) Happy the ms361 lives again and I also got my homelite ez running now with a new pull rope and starter spring. Will toss some videos up as time allows. PM10-10 is a dog in wood, but is in desperate need of some dogs. Spring break project perhaps? Oh and we got like another pathetic inch or so of snow. Got some nice cold temps, but a measly amount of snow. I'm sort of glad I don't have a sled yet because the snowfall has been pathetic for the last couple of winters.

Why so quiet everyone? Got the Homie 350 running again tonight Brandon. Great saw, just need to finish doing a couple minor little things to it and then it should be good to go for many more hours. Good strong runner, pretty low hour saw from what I can tell. Does anyone know what kind of fuel line the black stuff is that they used on those series of homelites? I want to find some as it's a lot better suited to cold weather.

Back