Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been off of work for almost 9 weeks and it’s been glorious. I don’t get bored like some because I have so much crap to do around the house lol. And with 3 kids now I don’t stop moving much

Ahh, that stinks. What grade are you in? Junior, senior, gota be getting up there. Kinda wish I started back today though, I'm getting pretty bored now being off. Too cold out to start new projects.
I'm a senior this year. Currently 4° with a wind-chill of -17°. Its about 35° in the garage. Burr

Just realized that I surpassed 1000 posts!
Congrats! Been on here a while now.
I'm a senior this year. Currently 4° with a wind-chill of -17°. Its about 35° in the garage. Burr
Bout the same here. I don't think the shed is more than 20f inside though. You decide pretty quickly what is necessary to do outside and what can wait. Any ideas what you want to do when you get out of HS if you don't mind me asking?

We have a low of 23* tonight. That’s cold y’all lol. We ain’t prepared for this nonsense like y’all!! I did go water down the driveway for the kiddos tomorrow. They wanted to experiment to see if they could skate. Fun in the name of Safety...

I talked to someone today-They have a friend up north that collects fans------box,ceiling,counter top,floor etc. Has hundreds hanging from basement ceiling in multiple buildings. I do not get it but whatever he likes I guess. I feel real normal after this news!!:innocent: David

Sounds like a “cool” guy...

Well that collection sure does “blow...

Wonder if he keeps his collection on a “rotation”...

Its so damn cold here that I have no interest to work on anything in thr garage no more and I also cant clean them up first either because if I put them in the tub, that one broken saw will be the most expensive one ever bought and Ill be living under a bridge somewhere lol. So I am gonna take my saw hobby to new heights and install a nice utility sink in my basement so my CAD can continue while I stay warm.

Congrats! Been on here a while now.

Bout the same here. I don't think the shed is more than 20f inside though. You decide pretty quickly what is necessary to do outside and what can wait. Any ideas what you want to do when you get out of HS if you don't mind me asking?
Last summer I worked for a guy doing demo work, ripping out floors, taking out walls and the like. I will more than likely work for him for a few years, go to a trade school, and hopefully end up as a small engine mechanic. We had a few small engine mechanics in our small town, but all of them either retired or died, so there's a huge demand for one right now. I'd like to fill that vacancy if I can.

Luke - Ikeholt is (I believe) a state certified arborist/timber manager in Indiana. Not so much a climber/arborist/logger as one who helps land owners make the right management decisions on which trees to keep, which to cull, etc.

He is more active on a different site that caters to the outdoor power equipment in a forum, but I think his handle on this site is the same. Tom is a very good guy and could be a great resource for your project.

Mark

Latest posts

Back