Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke - Ikeholt is (I believe) a state certified arborist/timber manager in Indiana. Not so much a climber/arborist/logger as one who helps land owners make the right management decisions on which trees to keep, which to cull, etc.

He is more active on a different site that caters to the outdoor power equipment in a forum, but I think his handle on this site is the same. Tom is a very good guy and could be a great resource for your project.

Mark
Thank you for the recommendation! I have found several people who would be willing to fill out the questionnaire, but I will likely send him a PM as well.

Last summer I worked for a guy doing demo work, ripping out floors, taking out walls and the like. I will more than likely work for him for a few years, go to a trade school, and hopefully end up as a small engine mechanic. We had a few small engine mechanics in our small town, but all of them either retired or died, so there's a huge demand for one right now. I'd like to fill that vacancy if I can.
Good deal! We need more good small engine mechanics. We only got two in our town besides the Stihl dealers. One pretty much does just outboards, and the other, well, does less than quality work as I've seen. I've talked about him before. Check out flea markets for tools (and saws). I see a lot of nice tool boxes and such for sale there.

Not too much has happened in the way of chainsaws. My dad picked up a old chain drive riding mower with chain drive and a Briggs and Stratton motor. The mower is so small that it only weighs 55 pound complete and it is a ride on. He can’t find a name anywhere on it. I wonder what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, some of them are really hard to find info on. Recently got a Cenex push mower with a Briggs (i think). Haven't been able to find a single picture or anything on it. Rebranded most likely. I initially took it for the motor, but after seeing how easy it pushes, I might actually use it for mowing.

I am really anxious to see it, it must be really tiny if it only weighs 55 pounds. They put it on the scales to see how much to charge and that’s what it weighed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0963.JPG IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0982.JPG
1967 Remington PL-4

This saw is over 50 years old and was made right down the road in Toronto Ontario Canada.

My Dad had a hardware store and when he passed I found this saw sitting on a shelf with the dealers documents.

It's brand new and had never cut wood, it had fuel in the tank, likely for demonstration purposes.

A couple weeks ago I decided to see if I could get it running.

I installed all new fuel lines, cleaned the points and fueled it up, amazingly it runs perfect!

IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0963.JPG IMG_0945.JPG

I wouldn't run it ,if you do, may want to vacuum test it to see if the cranks seals hadn't deteriated after all these years.

Steve

Seals were in mint condition, I checked them while replacing the fuel line.

I took it to the farm last week and did some cutting with it just for fun, it had a nice sound and was four cycling a full revs.

I'll be draining the fuel and putting this saw back up on a shelf, how often do you see a saw this old that had never cut wood?!?

Back