Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, i cleaned the carburetor thouroughly, replaced welch plugs, lever set to height of the base, theres a couple things in that list i can check though. Why can’t i het a saw that runs properly lol it idles beautifully
Having the exact same symptoms with the 870... Let us know what you find!

Im currently researching options for carburetors its a big Tillotson carb though. Just not sure whats going on. Ill get som rubber so i can pressure test the crankcase and cylinder.

Im currently researching options for carburetors its a big Tillotson carb though. Just not sure whats going on. Ill get som rubber so i can pressure test the crankcase and cylinder.
Does it have an internal governor?

I think that's the problem with mine, I bypassed it to get better throttle response. Well now the throttle response is incredible, but the saw runs lean at WOT.

Throttle response is good and the winds up good the the longer i hold the throttle the leaner it gets until it starts cutting out.

Throttle response is good and the winds up good the the longer i hold the throttle the leaner it gets until it starts cutting out.
Looked up the 3400 and all it says for carb is WALBRO. Bet a dollar to a donut I have several in the boneyard.. I don't do poulan so be proud to look.. I'm in Spokane, Washington.. I'll get back to you on this page a little later.. Dealing with licensing so who knows how long.. It's a government thing.. K

As promised here are the pictures. It is a mowett mustang 5hp
a41fb77875df6a270c2de8bdfa4caae0.jpg
57628f1368271feb065e55ac708f6400.jpg
b23c6a13d99396a8e11956eafe2d7b7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back