Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it like a poulan 3000, or 2700? 3300?

It’s a somewhat trick question. I’ve read the prior AS threads on it and pretty sure ole Mark has thrown down on it before. It’s been a couple days since I read it but most parts are compared to the above listed but the cylinder and such won’t match up and I believe a few others.

It’s a somewhat trick question. I’ve read the prior AS threads on it and pretty sure ole Mark has thrown down on it before. It’s been a couple days since I read it but most parts are compared to the above listed but the cylinder and such won’t match up and I believe a few others.

Yes, we need Happy saws to verify but that is probably what should be called a Craftsman saw built for them by Poulan. The 3.0 sears is not a direct match to any Poulan saw. It is 3.0ci but has a bare bore with a chrome piston like a 3300 which is a combination Poulan never sold as there own.

Its just another example when someone ask's what saw does this cross to when you have to say it don't exactly match any of the manufactures own saws. It was built on contract..

When its all said and done though, the saw looks to be in good shape and with the proper length bar and good chain will make a dandy, lightweight, good handling firewood saw with good power.

Yes, we need Happy saws to verify but that is probably what should be called a Craftsman saw built for them by Poulan. The 3.0 sears is not a direct match to any Poulan saw. It is 3.0ci but has a bare bore with a chrome piston like a 3300 which is a combination Poulan never sold as there own.

Its just another example when someone ask's what saw does this cross to when you have to say it don't exactly match any of the manufactures own saws. It was built on contract..

When its all said and done though, the saw looks to be in good shape and with the proper length bar and good chain will make a dandy, lightweight, good handling firewood saw with good power.
So do the differences of this saw from its poulan cousin make it perform better or worse? And what would be the reason to have poulan manufature a saw different from what they are already manufacturing besides just the cosmetics?

So do the differences of this saw from its poulan cousin make it perform better or worse? And what would be the reason to have poulan manufature a saw different from what they are already manufacturing besides just the cosmetics?

Simple really, a customer want's a company to manufacture something for them to sell, widgets, chainsaws whatever, it don't matter. Company gives manufacture a certain design/model they want and give the manufacture a price point to meet. Manufacture decides to do things different then they usually do to meet the price point and to obtain the customers business.

Usually when corners are cut to meet a price point, something suffers. In the case of this particular saw, the main difference is the bare cylinder/chrome piston.

We already know that especially for non pro consumers, this is not really a performance or reliability issue so price point was met.

Professional full time loggers don't shop at Sears for saws anyway. Sears sold a good saw for there target customers, made money and Poulan made money. Win, win.

Alright I have to jump on this band wagon now. I have a question to why would a saw manufacture loke Husky sub out the build of a saw such as this little beauty 36 I have? Save money? Why would they chance badging a saw that would be passed if it were green? I guess just to target the lower homeowner grade saw buyers? (Think i just answered my own question) lol
b20dc997503fca0c8d51d9ca002ecfea.jpg
13eb7bf6c2d3f337ae868cbe55fe29c7.jpg
786927311e46186c7faaa3beb73c81bd.jpg
a7c9621c02172fd1e7307746307d734d.jpg
a6ad8fb23492e175c79331a69385efbf.jpg
c452de1a6bdccbd46898403bce4c1ac0.jpg
had to show her off again. Love this little limber.

Alright I have to jump on this band wagon now. I have a question to why would a saw manufacture loke Husky sub out the build of a saw such as this little beauty 36 I have? Save money? Why would they chance badging a saw that would be passed if it were green? I guess just to target the lower homeowner grade saw buyers? (Think i just answered my own question) lol
b20dc997503fca0c8d51d9ca002ecfea.jpg
13eb7bf6c2d3f337ae868cbe55fe29c7.jpg
786927311e46186c7faaa3beb73c81bd.jpg
a7c9621c02172fd1e7307746307d734d.jpg
a6ad8fb23492e175c79331a69385efbf.jpg
c452de1a6bdccbd46898403bce4c1ac0.jpg
had to show her off again. Love this little limber.

That's a whole nuther Pandora's box. The saw was built by Poulan and used most of the core components from Poulan and used special for that Husky model chassis. Thing is at that time I believe both Poulan and Husqvarna were still under direct ownership of Electrolux.

So in fact that saw was still built in house so to say..

I get a kick out of some of the folks who own these model series Husky brag about them then bash Poulan in the next sentence. LOL

A bit off topic here, but here goes... I'm currently working on a research paper for school. It's considered a "vocation project", and the vocation that I've chosen to research is that of a forester (or arborist). Part of the paper requires that I send a short questionnaire to someone currently employed in the vocation, and ask questions about required training, job availability, advantages/disadvantages of the specific vocation, and other similar questions. I have no contacts of any kind, and I was wondering if anyone on this site is currently employed as a Forester or Arborist and would be willing to answer questions, or, if anyone knows someone who may be willing to answer a few generic questions.
Thanks much!

A bit off topic here, but here goes... I'm currently working on a research paper for school. It's considered a "vocation project", and the vocation that I've chosen to research is that of a forester (or arborist). Part of the paper requires that I send a short questionnaire to someone currently employed in the vocation, and ask questions about required training, job availability, advantages/disadvantages of the specific vocation, and other similar questions. I have no contacts of any kind, and I was wondering if anyone on this site is currently employed as a Forester or Arborist and would be willing to answer questions, or, if anyone knows someone who may be willing to answer a few generic questions.
Thanks much!
Good topic choice! I don't personally don't know of anyone on here who does forestry, but there should be a lot of members either on here or other sites. Aren't you on still on winter break yet? I know I don't start back until the 8th. I will second Lonestar's idea too.

Latest posts

Back