Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those 2.3 craftsman's are nice saws. I got one too but without the av and it is a speed demon. Pulls a 14 lp chain like no other. I just wish it has a operator presence lever or chainbreak and I would use it a lot more than I do.

How are all you loungers doing today :hi:.
Can anybody tell me what model the green and red homelite is
I call them a Christmas saw, I need one with some LED lights on it :happy:.
Some craftsman were made by poulan, depends on the year. Some roper, homelite, don't know who else. I've got a red 2.3av craftsman I got new in the early 80's that was made by poulan and a gray 2.8 Craftsman made by poulan also I got new in the mid to late 80's.
Steve
I had a never fired poulan, sold/traded to a buddy, he put fuel in it and it came right back out, dang ethanol :surprised3:, then he replaced the lines and has been running it as a back for a climbing saw.
I've got this little guy I take out and start now and then, I've never personally had it in wood(although it has been), maybe some day.
Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 4.47.59 PM.png

How are all you loungers doing today :hi:.

I call them a Christmas saw, I need one with some LED lights on it :happy:.

I had a never fired poulan, sold/traded to a buddy, he put fuel in it and it came right back out, dang ethanol :surprised3:, then he replaced the lines and has been running it as a back for a climbing saw.
I've got this little guy I take out and start now and then, I've never personally had it in wood(although it has been), maybe some day.
View attachment 635934
That is a purty 2.3 (edit: 2.0, maybe I need glasses lol), it would be a shame to mess that bar up lol

And welcome :)

That is a purty 2.3, it would be a shame to mess that bar up lol

And welcome :)
Thanks and thanks.
I know, it's pretty neat looking.
That 2.0 would need to be looked at and not ran, but that's me

Steve
That's what I do, pull it out of the original case now and then.
She's a bear to start, but once the choke is feathered a bit she runs well.
I've read about guys having trouble with them and it was the choke not closing all the way. I haven't checked it out yet to see, not a big deal to pull it 12-15 times as I don't run it but every other month.
Here' the green one I had.
Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 12.07.30 PM.png

Thanks and thanks.

I've read about guys having trouble with them and it was the choke not closing all the way. I haven't checked it out yet to see, not a big deal to pull it 12-15 times as I don't run it but every other month.
View attachment 635940
That's a beaut there too! I'm waiting for a good deal here locally, I would like to have one

Thanks and thanks.

View attachment 635940
I get calls all the time for top handle saws.. Arborist saws. Wish I had a bunch of Homey, 2 trigger, XL's

Thanks and thanks.

View attachment 635940
If mine sits for awhile, 12 to 15 pulls but after that, 2 pulls.

Steve

I get calls all the time for top handle saws.. Arborist saws. Wish I had a bunch of Homey, 2 trigger, XL's
You'll need to translate that one for me, I've got a couple of the vintage 192t's as well as the 200t's, then two of the "newer" 540t's, they are a vintage just probably a little different than what is typically considered vintage in this thread :lol:.

That's a beaut there too! I'm waiting for a good deal here locally, I would like to have one
Thanks.
There's a green 2.3 that was down to 60 I think within 45min of here. I see quite a few of them, but only buy the real nice ones myself.
I would like to have one to run the heck out of, but I'd like it to have the chain brake as I'd be letting my son run it too, hard to find those on CL here stateside.

Thanks.
There's a green 2.3 that was down to 60 I think within 45min of here. I see quite a few of them, but only buy the real nice ones myself.
I would like to have one to run the heck out of, but I'd like it to have the chain brake as I'd be letting my son run it too, hard to find those on CL here stateside.
Yea I believe only the exports had the chain brake at the time those were produced

Yea I believe only the exports had the chain brake at the time those were produced
When I scored the green one, that's what I came across is the Canadians got them with brakes, not sure if they went any farther than their boarder though.
If mine sits for awhile, 12 to 15 pulls but after that, 2 pulls.

Steve
I did go start it, well just because lol.
Took a bunch more pulls than that, but it hasn't been ran on a consistent basis, and that plays a big part in my experience.
It probably needs to be run through a few heat cycles on some Dino oil to help it out, that 40:1 synthetic doesn't help rings seat to well, and she has very low hrs if an hr on it.

Back