Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wished I could have ran a saw some Saturday, sat on a tractor after work scraping our farm roads down getting them smoothed up, then put out 2 1/2 tons of gravel to start covering the roads with. 2 1/2 tons don't go far. I'm figuring 20 or more loads to cover three roads that we use a lot. Rain had messed them up over the years so I decided it was time to fix them.

Steve

Quick question guys, would you replace a needle bearing on the piston on a saw that the piston seized on? I haven't taken it apart yet and am ordering parts for what already needs to be repaired as well as planing ahead.

Ok, I'll probably get a new bearing. I already have a new p/c with ring and circlips, but debating the piston bearing. Cylinder is seized but I don't know if i can get away with it.

Can not do, but I have a ton of poulan sh,sh,sh,stuff I could pass along.. Don't cost much to send plastic
Watch it now!!! POULANS RULE in some parts around here--we got green ones--sandcast ones--bowsaw ones--Yeah:drinkingcoffee: David
I don't mean it, but anytime somebody says, what ya running? It's embarrassing to reply, a WILD THING, or WOOD SHARK. Kinda like riding with Hells Angels , and holding a Moped between your legs.. Just tain't right.

S. O. L. On the cover, BUT. I think I have a nice wraparound.. Will most starter covers on the 10 series fit? I can look, but maybe you know off the top of your head
No worries, it was just a quick thought at the moment. It is a goal to get the full wrap installed at some point on the pm 10-10, but that won't be until this summer when I can get some time to go through the saw first. Lots of projects, not nearly enough time at home to accomplish them.

No worries, it was just a quick thought at the moment. It is a goal to get the full wrap installed at some point on the pm 10-10, but that won't be until this summer when I can get some time to go through the saw first. Lots of projects, not nearly enough time at home to accomplish them.
I know.. Just ain't enough hours in the day.. This is kinda what I got. Bar's not that great.but I'm heading to boneyard next week and I know for a fact I'll find a beaut.. I'll keep you updated.. Cheers. K

Attachments

• IMG_20180225_212704.jpg
    IMG_20180225_212704.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
I don't mean it, but anytime somebody says, what ya running? It's embarrassing to reply, a WILD THING, or WOOD SHARK. Kinda like riding with Hells Angels , and holding a Moped between your legs.. Just tain't right.
Doesn't bother me to saw a Poulan Bow saw, or a 3700. [emoji6]

Steve

Doesn't bother me to saw a Poulan Bow saw, or a 3700. [emoji6]

Steve
Steve.. I'm kidding.. Just a boredbol man teasing. I have about 10 or so.. Weren't craftsman made by poulan at one point?if so brings the total up to about 20.. And I have 2 loaned out.. Anyway, you're a good sport.. Cheers. K

S. O. L. On the cover, BUT. I think I have a nice wraparound.. Will most starter covers on the 10 series fit? I can look, but maybe you know off the top of your head
If I'm not mistaken which I am a lot lol, all the covers are interchangeable except for the Pro Mac 800 and 805 because of their muffler setup

Let me check on a kit for the flatback.. Heard they're a tough item to come by..thanks, k

Kensie, I apologize.. Had a response ready to go and must have fallen asleep.. I'll look for a flatback kit. Maybe there's one out there. ANYBODY??. I'll check on shipping also.. I'll be in touch.. Thanks, K

If you get nowhere with this deal my brother has successfully modified these saws to accept the walbro or tillotson whatever came on like a 10-10. He didn't even have to grind the intake hole. He did this on a 1-10. I can ask him to chime in.

Our Pandora at work has everything from the righteous brothers to five finger death punch it's hilarious lol.

For me it depends on the day I like 80s country like George strait, Allan Jackson, Travis tritt style..

But i love oldies too like the righteous brothers, everly brothers, del Shannon. type

If I'm in a rock mood its breaking Benjamin, Staind, Metallica type

If it's been a really piss poor day nothing quite makes me want to punch stuff like "WALK" from Pantera lol. I have that one on repeat when working on STIHLS

Steve.. I'm kidding.. Just a boredbol man teasing. I have about 10 or so.. Weren't craftsman made by poulan at one point?if so brings the total up to about 20.. And I have 2 loaned out.. Anyway, you're a good sport.. Cheers. K
Some craftsman were made by poulan, depends on the year. Some roper, homelite, don't know who else. I've got a red 2.3av craftsman I got new in the early 80's that was made by poulan and a gray 2.8 Craftsman made by poulan also I got new in the mid to late 80's.

Steve

Some craftsman were made by poulan, depends on the year. Some roper, homelite, don't know who else. I've got a red 2.3av craftsman I got new in the early 80's that was made by poulan and a gray 2.8 Craftsman made by poulan also I got new in the mid to late 80's.
I bring this up cuz I picked up a crafty 3.7, but haven't done research yet. Been busy typing on some "chainsaw" web site. Hint hint. Maybe today. It's a metal saw, not like the other ones. I'll keep you updated.. It's all there I think.. Still scraping barn guano..K
Steve

Latest posts

Back