Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the one in the middle
b64a27b829e37638649276ff5d3276f7.jpg

Steve

That chain looks familiar but that was long ago, think dad had something like that on his super xl 12 bow.

Steve
I forget the saw it came off, but it was a Homelite bar, and the chain came with the bar. I very rarely separate unless chain is garbage, or bar. In any case, was a set.. Wonder if it was a Homelite thing, cuz it's an 16 in bar, and probably came off a smoked XL-12, of which I have more than a few. But I like the semi -skip.. I looked at the diagram and that's it.. Suppose it cuts middle of the line?. When I buy chain all I'm asked is "skip" or "full"?. That and " when ya gonna pay your bill? "Anyway, so many thanks. Truly appreciate it all. Have learned again.. Thanks. K

Worth $130?
Seller says it’s in need of a good tune and missing top plate but it’s a 041 from 60’s/70’s ?

Worth tryin to restore?

Attachments

• 06E75DBC-5BD0-4A0E-B3E8-7745801BAB4E.png
    06E75DBC-5BD0-4A0E-B3E8-7745801BAB4E.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 16
Worth $130?
Seller says it’s in need of a good tune and missing top plate but it’s a 041 from 60’s/70’s ?

Worth tryin to restore?

Not in my opinion. Probably needs a “tune” because it has an air leak. At least that’s what I hear when people say it needs a tune. The 041 was known for the diaphragm leaking. I like the 041 but wouldn’t pay that much without know it’s good to go

I've seen a special chain that has this pattern; "tooth tooth tooth tooth..." (There are no connecting straps, every drive link has a cutter.

@Philbert has one I sent him w/ carbide Cutters
Was a Fire Dept Vent chain

Erik

Found some in stash; I think was called Razoo. Oregon carbide
404 .063
076875fec5cebfaeb6b36e737d2afeb0.jpg

Erik

Choosing a 08s over a Makita 6421!!! What on the earth. Granted I have never run the 08s but the Makita is amazing, especially with the 7910 upgrade.

Gotta chance to pick up a Homey 26 LCS for a C note.. Looks like it's all there and pretty good shape. I don't dicker, or low-ball, so is a buck pretty good price?
I went ahead and bartered my way to a deal and he threw in an old pioneer with it. Parts saw from what I can tell. Gonna look at em now. Vinyl for chainsaws.. What a deal. More later. Cheers. K

--crickets--

Where'd everybody go?
Just finished learning how to use a bar rail closer; they're pretty handy.
I'm still here. Keeping quiet as I haven't had much go on here. Ordered parts that should come home in time for my break this weekend. Got a new to me crankcase for my partner k700 coming as well as the other parts necessary to hopefully complete the saw. Also got another surprise coming from another member that will finish off my new milling saw build.

I've been at it, got several things going on right now, going to upgrade my PP655, cleaning up a Poulan 4200, waiting on another special saw to get here, I snagged that 2095 part saw off eBay so I'm waiting on it as well so I can fix my rear handle on mine.

Lots going on lol, plenty of content in the future for my Instagram and YouTube channel

Back