What Happens When A Stihlhead Runs A Hot Rod Husqvarna???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As he's seemingly such a nice guy, likes his food and builds a good saw, I guess I'll have to fly over and hand deliver my saw for it to be built.

Now, how much of it would I fit in hand luggage...?

maybe my life is pathetic as people tell me it is.I left work an hour early to see a video of that Husky runnin.Imagine my dissapointment when I found out Ill have to leave work early again wednesday to see the vid.Ill bring ya a 30 inch white oak log tonight if youll just go ahaead and make the video.You got a flashlight?

i think a lot of stihl guys on this site are getting into huskys including myself ,dunno if just bored and want something new to tinker on or what ,i just ran out of stihl models myself so tried the 372 type saws ,still not gonna sell off my stihls for em ,i like certain parts of both saws .both cut wood pretty ok after they was hopped up some :msp_thumbup:

maybe my life is pathetic as people tell me it is.I left work an hour early to see a video of that Husky runnin.Imagine my dissapointment when I found out Ill have to leave work early again wednesday to see the vid.Ill bring ya a 30 inch white oak log tonight if youll just go ahaead and make the video.You got a flashlight?
Sorry sir, I dont have anything big around the house.

I got home and checked the compression on the saw before running it. 227lbs:msp_ohmy:. I put a 9 pin on it, bobbed a 20' bar. Installed a new never touched RSC chain. The only thing I had to run it though was some 15 inch pine. Fired it up , holy #### this thing sounds soooooo amazing at idle.:msp_wub:. I let it warm up while I put my chaps on. I cut I dont know how many cookies. This thing with a 9 pin is sooooo fast. I know it really wont show itself till I put it in some real wood but the way this thing revs and just murders wood I know its gonna pull my big bars with no problem. I ran a tank through it which took longer than I thought it would. This my friends is a full blown man saw. I feel like Ive stepped up to a new class having this saw. Im really excited about putting a 8 pin and 32' bar on it. I havent checked compression after the first tank. Im going to check it in the morning. The saw overall sounded like a pissed off dirtbike tearing through the woods.I havent installed the tach yet so im not sure what kind of rpms im turning, I tuned it to 4 stroke very well out of wood and clear out in the cut. Im sorry boys but Im in love with a husqvarna. Randy you truely are a Mastermind. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::msp_thumbup:

I got home and checked the compression on the saw before running it. 227lbs:msp_ohmy:. I put a 9 pin on it, bobbed a 20' bar. Installed a new never touched RSC chain. The only thing I had to run it though was some 15 inch pine. Fired it up , holy #### this thing sounds soooooo amazing at idle.:msp_wub:. I let it warm up while I put my chaps on. I cut I dont know how many cookies. This thing with a 9 pin is sooooo fast. I know it really wont show itself till I put it in some real wood but the way this thing revs and just murders wood I know its gonna pull my big bars with no problem. I ran a tank through it which took longer than I thought it would. This my friends is a full blown man saw. I feel like Ive stepped up to a new class having this saw. Im really excited about putting a 8 pin and 32' bar on it. I havent checked compression after the first tank. Im going to check it in the morning. The saw overall sounded like a pissed off dirtbike tearing through the woods.I havent installed the tach yet so im not sure what kind of rpms im turning, I tuned it to 4 stroke very well out of wood and clear out in the cut. Im sorry boys but Im in love with a husqvarna. Randy you truely are a Mastermind. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::msp_thumbup:

I'm calling bull#### until we see a video. 32 foot (') bar might be a little much:hmm3grin2orange: But what I really would like to respond to is the part above in bold....... you did- it's a Husky! Welcome to the enlightened side.:rock:

I'm calling bull#### until we see a video. 32 foot (') bar might be a little much:hmm3grin2orange: But what I really would like to respond to is the part above in bold....... you did- it's a Husky! Welcome to the enlightened side.:rock:
My bad I seem to always do that :redface:. It is a Husky and Im totally in love:bowdown:

How high can you run the compression on a gas worksaw before it becomes a problem? No, I don't have an answer.
Me neither. This saw will not be a very used saw. Mostly cookie cutting but may throw a 28" , 32", or 36" every now and again. Im checking compression first thing in the morning.

and here i thought i had a major stiffy when i got my 372 back from randy:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

How high can you run the compression on a gas worksaw before it becomes a problem? No, I don't have an answer.

I'm sure I'll find out......... :hmm3grin2orange:

I saw a couple of EC's saws with 240psi.....they were still running. For how long?????? I can't say.

Latest posts

Back