What saw for trail clearing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An 026 certainly could wear a 20" B/C, but personally I'd rather use a 16" as it's a better fit to the saw. It will cut better and you can always two side a larger piece if need be. For the cutting performance advantage of the 16" I'd rather adjust my cutting technique for those extra 4" when needed. Just my .02

I have an 026 with .325 20 inch. For what you are doing, I'd stay with the 16: I use for limbing reach, but it is underpowered for big stuff, adjust the technique as previous post suggested. Also, with somewhat unskilled people likely to use it, the 20 takes more awareness and peripheral vision to watch that tip for kickback when limbing. plus the 16 is existing, free and the 20 must be purchased?

hey yall i am thinking that i may try the 20" bar and chain all i gotta buy is a chain i have a replacement .325 tip for a windsor bar so i will try it and if i don't like it i will jsut have the chain shortened to a 16" then i will have a spare, and Kevin j by the way no unskilled persons will be using the saw just my self and as stated before i am a logger and have a USFS Class B feller certificate.

no unskilled persons will be using the saw just my self and

oops, sorry, I recall that earlier in thread.
I love the reach with a 20 inch and does everythig I need, for some reason just thought these were volunteer dads running it....
k

nope jut myself and no apologies necesary, but i figured i would personally like a 20" because thats what i use on my work saw

hey yall just put a 20" bar on the 026 tonight it is now set up with a 20" .325 Windsor Speedtip bar with a new oregon 35LG .63guage chain, ran it a little bit in some little beech but nothing to really test it, will get a chance to play with it this weekend so i will keep everyone posted as to how it works

Latest posts

Back