What was your worst injury?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
her and her husband were doing some magor cleaning out of thier house... with a dumpster... she goes out to the dumpster that is geting full, heaves what she is carrying up and partially in. so she climbs up and gives it a shove therest of the way in... loses her balance falls backwards, trying to catch her self, she managed to break bothof her fore arms(left and right)...

just think about that? you no longer have use of your arms pretty much from the shoulders down till about your fingers... she had to have her husband wipe her, now that's dedication.

I have an aunt that broke bolth her arm as well. On X-mass eve trying not to drop the pesents on ice.

Like a careless idiot I left my left hand between the the wood and steel plate of the splitter today and suffered a crush injury. I was so lucky that I did not shatter it. I had to get ten stitches to my ring finger There seems to be no breaks or tendon ruptures. I guess I would never be a candidate for a "Super Splitter". The machine would kill my careless ass.

havent been online in a long time. First time I've ever cut myself last may-n hope its the last... Was cuttin paperwood, fell a tree, took my escape route, and tripped on a vine.. Usually I'll hit the brake or kill switch, but in this situation til I backed out of the cut couldnt get it done til I tripped, and usually in a fall get used to throwing the saw away, but came down on the bar with the chain still movin.. cut my arm on the underside below the elbow, got some muscle nerves screwedup for good and covered with blood in seconds.. Yep just had to hit an artery, shoved a rag on it got to the landowners house they took me to get put back together dropped me back at my camp about 10:30 or so that night, next morning for two days I was skiddin logs with a good mare, and it felt good to be out there!

Just trying to invision that makes me freak out. Could have been worse, but still. I am so scared of that ever happening to me. Soon as I get some money I am going to get the best chaps they make just incase. Is there anything you can buy that protects your arms.

steve:cheers:

Like a careless idiot I left my left hand between the the wood and steel plate of the splitter today and suffered a crush injury. I was so lucky that I did not shatter it. I had to get ten stitches to my ring finger There seems to be no breaks or tendon ruptures. I guess I would never be a candidate for a "Super Splitter". The machine would kill my careless ass.
OUCH, Sorry to hear. Good their no broken bones.

Yup, You are a dumb-ass! At least you admit it! Chalk it up to experience!
Jeff CTSP:cheers:

Live and learn Marine. :cheers:

Just trying to invision that makes me freak out. Could have been worse, but still. I am so scared of that ever happening to me. Soon as I get some money I am going to get the best chaps they make just incase. Is there anything you can buy that protects your arms.

Yes, some sponser here sells chaps for the arms, Can't remeber which one. Also their is a few that sell jackets that are for chain saftey.

Steve, if you're skeered you can jump in my pocket. :D

I broke three ribs in a minor fall in a tree once. I didn't even know it until hours after the incident. This was longer to heal and more painful than either of the later rib injuries. [No, I never went to the doctor]

I broke a couple of ribs running a walk-behind mower with a ride-on sulky: I crashed into a stump and stopped real short. [never went to the doctor]

I broke a rib or two when I got knocked out of a tree when the lowering rope got stuck in a narrow crotch. I was squealing like a little girl: "Let go of the rope!" It didn't help. Groundman was NOT at fault. [never went to the doctor]

Broken ribs aren't hardly worth worrying about. They hurt for a while, but you get over them in about a month. I guess some folks get perforated lungs, but that is pretty uncommon.

Come on now guys! I know some of you have been hammered on the job! Let's hear about it.
Wow your a walking disaster lmfao. The worst I have done on the job in 27 years climbing is four stitches left hand and eight left eye brow from a ratchet and cheater pipe explosion lol. Off the job auto accident broke both color bones,smashed left scapula dislocated right,broke rib punctured lung"hurts like hell"and fractured vertebrae died and was revived!
That was my only bad except my right arm was cut by glass and lost some muscle and movement!

Wow your a walking disaster lmfao. The worst I have done on the job in 27 years climbing is four stitches left hand and eight left eye brow from a ratchet and cheater pipe explosion lol. Off the job auto accident broke both color bones,smashed left scapula dislocated right,broke rib punctured lung"hurts like hell"and fractured vertebrae died and was revived!
That was my only bad except my right arm was cut by glass and lost some muscle and movement!

No wonder the ladies like you, having color bones and all. :)

No wonder the ladies like you, having color bones and all. :)
Yup, Did you notice how all the ladies was tryin to get near him at the GTG. When he climbed the tree, I thought we was at an Elvis concert. Women were passing out and hollering Ohhh Rope. Don't know who's pair of pantys that was at the base of the tree when he came down.I'm thinkin he's a chick magnet.

Last edited:
Yup, Did you notice how all the ladies was tryin to get near him at the GTG. When he climbed the tree, I thought we was at an Elvis concert. Women were passing out and hollering Ohhh Rope. Don't know who's pair of pantys that was at the base of the tree when he came down.I'm thinkin he's a chick magnet.

They weren't your pantys were they?:monkey:

They feel sorry for me lol

Steve, if you're skeered you can jump in my pocket. :D

LMAO that might be a good idea. I could probably learn a lot even while I'm choking on lint balls. Just promise you won't mistake me for your hanky.

:cheers:

Cut foot

I cut left foot with saw just about mid foot. 3/4 down and about 3/4 across. Cut all tendons and all bones except one behind the pinky toe. My first thought was that I was going to need stitches then went to step down and it folded in the wrong spot.

5 hour surgery with 3.5 hours of removing sock and boot fragments from the cut. I am pretty close to normal now but cannot really lift my big toe still.

Saw passed through so fast and sharp the exray of bone was a perfect match to the bar. Square chisel was the best for this particular application.

Back