What will happen to your saw collection when you're gone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, in my experiences, it is best to leave your wishes well known and very detailed in a will, and a copy of that will be in the hands of all of the heirs.

I am not focusing on some old saws, but yeah, there could be some sore feelings there too...

Choosing the right person to be executor is important, if they wanted to be less than fair, it is easy to do, and if the other heirs wanted to fight it, lawyer fees would make it prohibitive proving it in court and it would draw on for years.

Something like some old saws, it would be in the best interest of everyone to give them away before the sad day of your passing.

An old couple are sitting on the porch.

Wife asks, "If I die before you, are you gonna re-marry?"

Husband replies, "Yep."

Wife waits a few moments, then asks, "You gonna let her sleep in our bed?"

Husband replies, "Yep."

Wife thinks for a bit, the asks, "You gonna let her wear my clothes and my jewelry?"

Husband replies, "Yep."

Wife says, "I'll bet you'll even let her use my golf clubs!"

Husband replies, "Nope. She's left-handed."

It took my brother and I TWO YEARS to get through my dad's stuff just far enough to get his place sold.

I probably won't care. My kids all know that it's all split evenly. They can figure it out amongst themselves in a civil manner.

I like the auction idea and for them to bid on what they want.

My main concern is for them to not get completely hosed in disposing of my remains. Funeral parlors just possibly might be more crooked than politicians.

Anyway, I plan on having all that stuff given or sold to whomever will appreciate it before I'm done. Less stuff for the kids to sort through and get rid of / figure out where to keep what, etc.

It took my brother and I TWO YEARS to get through my dad's stuff just far enough to get his place sold.

I probably won't care. My kids all know that it's all split evenly. They can figure it out amongst themselves in a civil manner.

I like the auction idea and for them to bid on what they want.

My main concern is for them to not get completely hosed in disposing of my remains. Funeral parlors just possibly might be more crooked than politicians.

Anyway, I plan on having all that stuff given or sold to whomever will appreciate it before I'm done. Less stuff for the kids to sort through and get rid of / figure out where to keep what, etc.

Hell, ship them remains to me!!! I'll charge you $20!!!!!

My chickens need the protein for their brown eggs!!!!

Who cares.

When it's time for the dirt nap, little things like possessions really don't matter.

True for the deceased, but it can be a nightmare for the survivors...

big time.

dealing with an estate can be very complicated and very stressful. Everyone owes it to their family to make it as simple as possible. They are already going to be upset yer dead (hopefully anyways LOL) so make dealing with the 'stuff' simple, easy and leave no doubt about how to go about doing it.

Yup, Barbee Cox, his dad owns a farm a couple of miles down the road from me.

Yes, small world. My firm is S.B. Cox's insurance broker and I've worked for and with them for over fourteen years in a Risk Management capacity. Great people and company. Have you ever seen or heard Barbee's pulling truck in action? Amazing! How did that Poulan bow saw turn out that you scored in Goochland earlier this year? Hope you're well, Max.:cheers:

Yes, small world. My firm is S.B. Cox's insurance broker and I've worked for and with them for over fourteen years in a Risk Management capacity. Great people and company. Have you ever seen or heard Barbee's pulling truck in action? Amazing! How did that Poulan bow saw turn out that you scored in Goochland earlier this year? Hope you're well, Max.:cheers:

I lived a couple of miles from him and his dad when I was in Goochland. I have seen several of his pulling trucks in action over the years, Barbee, Ed Tilman and Mark Clifford are all big into that.

Going to try the bow on the 5400 I got last weekend.

Last edited:
I've often wondered what will happen with my gear when I go...as well as saws, I collect the old Iron Horse (Lawn Boy in the states) lawnmowers, and have fully restored one from the early 50's. Have a few of these with many parts, including NOS from the same era.

Young punks nowadays are more interested in wearing pants which fall down to their knees, and chasing the hairy horse shoe to be interested in this sort of stuff..so I'm guessing my gear will go to a museum, and the modern stuff sold.

We are moving to the Philippines at retirement time, so if I find a sensible youngster who will treasure the old gear before we leave I'll give it all to him..but I doubt that will happen.

I'm willing my entire collection to the members of the ArboristSite. ( one wildthing and two mini macs ) :hmm3grin2orange:

After dealing with the cluster #### my brother left, I spent the time and set everything up. All the information is backed up, paper, CD and flash drive, with copies going to reliable people.

I NEED to get off my arse and do this myself. Have been meaning to do it for a while....

Latest posts

Back