What would you pay.....?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
For a gallon of pre-mixed 89 octane, fully synthetic, 40:1, guaranteed non ethanol mix with a guaranteed 2 year shelf life??
I have seen the quarts but they are outrageously high and was thinking if the volume was bigger maybe the per quart price would be lower.
Would you pay

$10.00 ?
$9.00 ?

Where would the price point be that you would say "That's too high, I'll just mix my own".

I was thinking that with all the problems we have been having with fuel lines, carbs, etc. and the cost of synthetic oil, non ethanol gasoline (not to mention the bother and expense of having to go a long distance to even find non-ethanol) and fuel stabilizer, $9.00-$10.00 per gallon wouldn't be all that high.
What say you???

Mike

The Woodsman

I recommend AMSOIL two stroke~ i can get it for ya! just let me know! the more the merrier! BTW Merry Christmas ! been runnin 80:1 can go 100:1 but i think 80 is purrrrrrrrrrrect, seems to run the saws the way they wanna run!:chainsawguy:

THEREDTREEMAN

I couldnt afford it. I use up to 10 gallons a week sometimes. That would get expensive quick.

If it was a brand new saw and never had any other fuel in it and i didn't use it much i would buy it. That stuff would be perfect for my wifes weedeater. I can't see using it in a used saw that already has 1/2 rotten lines in it but thats just my thought. That would be like spray painting over rust...Bob

I have access to non-E.

Thats awesome too, but It'll eventually go away just like it has for everyone else I'm sure. I think the price on that stuff is a little high, but hopefully it'll come down some. Should reach a point where it sells good if it's not already.

Would not pay anything, don't want 89 octane. All but one of my saws requires premium 92-94 octane fuel.

I think the saw makers need to start trying to Ehtanol-proof chainsaws. Start trying to find a matierial to make lines/seals out of that will not be affected by Ehtanol.

I think the bottled stuff would be good for a homeowner that cuts the occasional tree or branches that come down and has a string trimmer.I would pay $6.00 a gallon.

Last edited:
12 replies and not ONE answer to the question!!!LOL

Mike

Sounds a little high to me. 6.00 to 7.00 sounds better. I can get av 100 octane fuel for 4.00 a gallon. The man I deal with out at the airport says it has a good shelf life until you mix it. My oil costs me less than 2.00 per gallon of fuel

Within the next couple of weeks, I will be paying about $14.16 for a galllon of VP SEF94 mixed with Maxima K2 fully synthetic ester oil at 32:1. You want 5 gallons? The fuel alone is $57.50. That's $70.81 for 5 gallon with mix.

Last edited:
Can't envision needing to keep gas for 2 years...or even 2 months. Even when it gets too damn hot to cut, I still have to mow.

I can get ethanol-free gas across town, but I don't. I don't burn high octane either...stays in the tanks at the station too long.

Haven't had any problems yet running ethanol...and can't imagine problems that would cost more in parts than paying $6-$7 extra for each gallon of fuel.

Of course...I don't buy bottled water either, so maybe I'm missing out.

Back