What would you pay.....?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wouldn't buy it unless it was "as cheap" and "as avalible" as regular gas (with ethonal or not) i've ran the 10% stuff for probably 25 gallons and haven't messed a saw up yet.

Well,
My thoughts are;

1) Regular 87 octane here is right around $3.00
2) My mix oil is costing me (+or-) $1.50 per gallon
3) I couldn't get from here to a place where I could buy ethanol free gas, and back for less than $20.00 not to even mention the hassle.
4) Stabilizer will add another 50 cents per gallon at least

So if I buy and mix 10 gallons at a time, I'm already at $70.00 or $7.00 a gallon. If I consider time to gather and mix all the ingredients, spillage, storage etc, 8 to 10 dollars a gallon doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Mike

I can get ethanol-free gas across town, but I don't. I don't burn high octane either...stays in the tanks at the station too long.

Got a point there......-Sam

If your talking shipped to your front door for 8-10 , then that doesn't seem too bad especially if you live quite a way from the pumps.

Well,
My thoughts are;

1) Regular 87 octane here is right around $3.00
2) My mix oil is costing me (+or-) $1.50 per gallon
3) I couldn't get from here to a place where I could buy ethanol free gas, and back for less than $20.00 not to even mention the hassle.
4) Stabilizer will add another 50 cents per gallon at least

So if I buy and mix 10 gallons at a time, I'm already at $70.00 or $7.00 a gallon. If I consider time to gather and mix all the ingredients, spillage, storage etc, 8 to 10 dollars a gallon doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Mike

No your pretty much in line with my thinking as well. My time is worth money to me at least but my boss might disagree. :hmm3grin2orange:

Can't envision needing to keep gas for 2 years...or even 2 months. Even when it gets too damn hot to cut, I still have to mow.

I can get ethanol-free gas across town, but I don't. I don't burn high octane either...stays in the tanks at the station too long.

Haven't had any problems yet running ethanol...and can't imagine problems that would cost more in parts than paying $6-$7 extra for each gallon of fuel.

Of course...I don't buy bottled water either, so maybe I'm missing out.

I haven't had any problems with Ethanol either, i suppose if someone who didn't really USE their saws it would be OK to spend 14+ on gas mix,but if you were to use say even a gallon of mix a day, after a couple months with the extra 10 bucks a gallon it would cost,one could replace the saw?

I would probably pay $5 to $8 a gallon. Around here, six packs of 40fuel or 50fuel are going for around $30. I just can't see $30 for a gallon and a half of gas. I will continue to dump my saw's tank and run it dry. Usually by the time I've finished up, there's not much gas in the saw anyway, so I don't lose much, and it usually goes back to my can, and eventually my car or truck tank.

I'm already paying more than I thought when you consider I usually dump half of it, I would have no problem paying $10-$12 gallon

Dump? On the brushpile?

When I slow down with cutting in the summer, whatever sits for more than a month goes into the mower or tiller. I'd put it in the truck if I didn't have to mow, but the truck is a '78, and doesn't seem to mind.

If you've got nowhere else to run it, I can see saving money by not wasting old gas.

Latest posts

Back