whats everyone burning right now?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harsh.

Speaking of fleas, Blazin got him a new collar.

288_bowtie1.jpg

You like?

I got about 2/3 cord in the back of the truck right now.. Won't burn it this year though...
Anyone ever burnt a liquid amber tree???
:msp_confused:

Yep, that's sweetgum. Have plenty of it here, just laid another split on the fire. I usually cut a couple every year. It needs a splitter to process; letting the rounds set a few months helps. Makes good shop stove firewood, too. Like rmihalek says, it ain't the hottest firewood but it's great for this time of year.

Perhaps I should rephrase that.... it's great for late winter. :D April is more than half over already and we've got a fire going. This just ain't right.

There's no one but myself to blame, I suppose. Weather's been nice these past few weeks. The SheWolf had the windows open. I set the garden out Saturday, ~ maters, peppers and summer squash seeds planted. Suddenly the temps dip into the low 40s at night and I've gotta cover the plants. Go figure. :confused:

First of May, stove's been out for a couple of days, but back on duty today with a mix of elm and cottonwood, kinda checking the readyness of next fall's "shoulder" wood.

Highs in the 40s the rest of the week, with snow coming tonight. ####!

Still burning jack pine, but lately I've been able to make a fire after work and that keeps the house warm until I leave for work the next morning.

Same thing will happen this evening, but I expect that it will warm up a bit by the weekend and there will be no need for a fire (still below freezing here).

Still burning jack pine, but lately I've been able to make a fire after work and that keeps the house warm until I leave for work the next morning.

Same thing will happen this evening, but I expect that it will warm up a bit by the weekend and there will be no need for a fire (still below freezing here).

Still just cleaning up stuff. Little junky Ash, Pine and whatever else is around.

81F right now but my water is STILL hot without using propane. :msp_tongue:

Sun shine here in the PNW and 60° not a trace of wind here by Skagit Bay

Well... in another thread I said I wasn't gonna' move any more wood in the house this year... Period!!
Said I'd burn a little LP for a day or two if need be... but...
Now it appears I'm gonna' be needing heat for at least the next 5 days... I'm headin' home from work in a couple minutes to haul a friggin' load of oak to the house.
This sucks great big greazy owl turds!!!

I'm heating by cooking just one egg a day, like the whole winter :msp_rolleyes:

Burning gas in the lawn mower. Haven't had a fire in several weeks. I hate mowing! I would rather cut,split ,stack and burn wood anyday over chopping grass.

Burning whatever I can find now and some propane, but only sporadically. The dogs like a little heat.
Embarrass MN is living up to it's nickname "the cold spot" lately. More snow on the way, highs in the low 40s and lows in the 20s. Had -14 just about ten days ago. No bugs though. :)

Thanks to everyone for chiming in... interesting to see what people are doing.

Burning Poplar, Locust, n Oak. Poplar to light the Locust to light the barely wet Oak. But I'm down to lighting those fires once a night about 5 nights a week. I see some north of me haven't been burning for several weeks so it must be the altitude. :rant:

But, I've also been burning gas in the mower. The week before last I did my first with dethatching (used an attachment for the pushmower) but only areas I wanted to overseed. Last week Monday I clipped the lawn at two heights. One part at the regular height and the other at the height I used for dethatching so I could overseed again since the grass seed I used was dead. It seems you can't leave it outside all winter and expect anything from it. So I spread another 40# of seed so I can really burn the fuel once it gets going. Tomorrow I'll clip the lawn to it's regular height of 4 inches. :msp_blink:

So yep, I'm still burning wood but also burning gas for the grass. It's just not the same as cutting wood n not nearly as fun! :msp_sad:

Back