Which one to buy?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawWitch said:
That's a cool one, I adopted it!

Thank you Ultra! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yeah, and I'm gonna get in BIG trouble if my wife sees me readin' anything from SawWitch now! :bang: :bang:

Nice work there Ultra! I knew you'd come thru! :clap:

I think Sawtroll needs a Tattoo like that...SawWitch can tell him where to have it located...:D

wagonwheeler said:
You're doing it right. Congrats on the 361! :rockn: :rockn:

Right, but I don't see the point with the Duromatic bar - it has added friction over a sprocket nose chain, which robs power from the saw.....:confused: :confused:

Last edited:
wagonwheeler said:
Yeah, and I'm gonna get in BIG trouble if my wife sees me readin' anything from SawWitch now! :bang: :bang:

Nice work there Ultra! I knew you'd come thru! :clap:

I think Sawtroll needs a Tattoo like that...SawWitch can tell him where to have it located...:D

Maybe she can talk him into the hundred dollar bill at the same time, you know how women like to watch thier money grow don't ya?:givebeer:

SawTroll said:
Right, but I don't see the point with the Duromatic bar - it has added friction over a sprocket nose chain, whoch robs power from the saw.....:confused: :confused:

VERY good point! I skimmed right past it!

Duromatic should be swapped back for Rollomatic E!

Duromatic is bad match for firewood cutting... Duromatic comment from Stihl - "Applications: For high-performance professional woodcutting with heavy-duty saws. Excellent bar for abrasive cutting conditions and frequent plunge cutting applications."

Like cutting stumps...

Chaser

I agree on the Rollomatic E (not ES) - it is quite a bit lighter, and holds up just fine if you don't use it as a pry bar......:cheers:

I too have always used a Rollomatic bar, the guy at the Stihl dealership said this was a better bar, more durable, so I thought I would try it. That is what he recommended. I can always keep it and get another bar, it cost more and he was throwing it in so I figured what the Hell!!!!!! I see now you really have to watch what you post on here, it seems it is looked at with a magnifying glass. Ol' well we live and learn. Overall I was pleased with deal.

I recomend if you cut 10+ cords and wood over 20" a big saw will be a valuble tool for you. I have worked my firewood business several years with a saw no bigger then an 034 super and it always got the job done even cutting huge white oaks and whatever else needed cut down but when your in white oak , hickory etc that is even 15" it is much faster getting the job done with a big saw. The big saws also work good slicing big firewood logs lengthways to the size you can lift them.660mag does these chores very easy.441 should be more then then a significant improvement for big wood over saws less then 4cu. in.. Bigger would be better if you do'nt plan on a lot of limbing and small stuff with it.

SawTroll said:
Right, but I don't see the point with the Duromatic bar - it has added friction over a sprocket nose chain, which robs power from the saw.....:confused: :confused:
I also like the laminated bars, for the light weight.....:rockn:

...the wear is the Trolls problem, if it is a problem.....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:

So I picture Troll in an office w/ papers everywhere typing away at a largish desktop machine w/ dual screens while referring to manufactuers data in hardcopy to verify the web sites...back to the window w/ blinds drawn to reduce screen glare...

While SawWitch sits gracefully yet casually at a writing desk in the dining/kitchen area with hot tea near her laptop as she watches the days light fade away and the forms of the landscape blend together till they're lost in darkness till morning...

Don't tell me the truth and ruin it, O.K.? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You two are quite the pair!! :cheers: :cheers:

SawWitch said:
I also like the laminated bars, for the light weight.....:rockn:

...the wear is the Trolls problem, if it is a problem.....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:
Nice avatar SawWitch
2witch.gif
But where is da chainsaw :greenchainsaw: At least you are a fun Witch....LOL! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon

SawTroll said:
It aren't there, but it was cool enough to be adopted by
2witch.gif
anyway........:yoyo: :yoyo:
Yup...........Troll.........you gotta pretty kool SawWitch thar buddy :rock: Many saw people here think dat it is kinda different to have a wife and Troll all in one home and both be highly respected here on da same forum
smily1381.gif
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Last edited:
WVhunter said:
I too have always used a Rollomatic bar, the guy at the Stihl dealership said this was a better bar, more durable, so I thought I would try it. That is what he recommended. I can always keep it and get another bar, it cost more and he was throwing it in so I figured what the Hell!!!!!! I see now you really have to watch what you post on here, it seems it is looked at with a magnifying glass. Ol' well we live and learn. Overall I was pleased with deal.

The dealer was just trying to get rid of it... use it for what it was intended for and get an ES for the rest.. yes, ES.... slightly heavier, but the best.

Back