Who’s right with this eBay Return Request

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EBay sellers love whatever I buy from them because I fix whatever is wrong and never squawk. I fear that I am a rare bird.
With a few buyers like you I might still be selling saws on ebay....They may like me also because I seldom give a neg. feedback unless I think they're deliberately trying to screw me over..

Silly question... did you check the serial number of the saw before shipping to the buyer? Are you certain he shipped you the actual saw you shipped him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Silly question... did you check the serial number of the saw before shipping to the buyer? Are you certain he shipped you the actual saw you shipped him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
A set of good photos (not necessarily all published with the listing) can help protect sellers from the switcheroo artists and parts exchangers.

This whole story is wonky.
Sounds like neither the seller nor the buyer noticed the crack until after the buyer had used the saw.
Now, who knows if the crack was there before the buyer used the saw.
At any rate, the saw was not returned in the same condition it was sold in, so both parties have a legitimate dispute.
Hopefully, lessons were learned.
Seller beware, buyer beware.

What a mess this ebay transaction turned into, If I were selling a running saw on the flea bay It would get its covers removed and everything cleaned and pictures taken of it cleaned, compression tested shown in a photo including serial number...Im considering even paint marking fasteners and I would tape over the fuel cap with writing saying must use oil/gas mixture.
As for your sale..it was a bad sale on your part but it was also a $hitty buyer that used the saw and modified it and when done needing it dumped it back in your lap. With what the seller pulled and your original add pictures you have ground to stand on to refuse refunding but you would have to live with the guilty conscience. A partial refund of the shipping costs would be my decision and let the buyer deal with fixing the saw since they modified and ran it after finding the problem instead of returning it asap. I suspect they paid half or less of what a new one would cost them so there is room for them to make it a winner and still be ahead of the game. You can also just keep whatever the shipping was both ways + a little to cover use then part out the saw or replace the case half and start over in selling it.
If you were buying a saw to use for your work would you even look at buying a nastyazz saw? I wouldent! I would expect to find all kinds of neglect and expect to be buying another persons trash. degreaser and some rags are cheaper than the time wasted cleaning up the mess this made.

All, I sincerely apologize for the delay in letting you know how everything panned out. This was a rough week for me personally as my main business lost our 2nd and 4th biggest client this week, essentially $300,000 of revenue which results in $100,000 in profit at the end of the year. With the COVID restrictions ending in my area, they no longer need our services. I’ve been busy trying to figure out how to rearrange my company and our clients so that I don’t have to lay off any of my employees. Thankfully my GM (who is worth more to me than gold) was able to figure out a way to keep everyone without reducing anyone’s regular hours or wage reduction. I’m very blessed to have a great staff of people who understand that we are a team and we only succeed if all of us succeed. At the end of the day this is no excuse for keeping you all hanging, I hope you can forgive my lack of attention to you all.

Ultimately eBay sided with the buyer. Here’s what they said essentially, “I looked over your transaction that was returned back to you with damage. As a seller, receiving an item back with diminished value is never an easy thing to deal with.”
At the end of the day I take full responsibility for the ultimate dissatisfaction with the sale, I should’ve known for 100% certainty that they damage was done by the buyer, however, eBay has made it clear that at the end of the day, it’s always the buyer word against the seller, so they would’ve sided with him either way.

I’m thankful to all of you who have replied and taken an interest in this matter, I cannot thank you enough. I consider you all to be a true asset to me, that I have people who will give me honest opinions in an area where I lack expertise.

For those of you with some interest, I plan to test the saw this weekend and then potentially list it for sale/trade on this site. I’ll try to figure out how to link this tread to the listing so everyone can have all the details on the saw so they can make their own judgement on its condition.

God Bless and have a great weekend!

Too bad you have no way to prove via serial number or makers mark or something that it wasn't what you sent pit the door
Looks like it might have a date wheel on it - I would compare and make a report back to eBay if they are different (which they will be.) Or just be done with eBay... there's always that.

And since sellers can only only leave a positive, they get away with it.

I think it is cute when guys brag about having %100 feedback rating, since they cannot have anything but that.

But this a-hole will get a free gearhead, and he still will leave me a negative feedback. Looking at his feedback history, he has done this before.

Back