Who runs his saws and who doesn't.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did a little looking, discovery site had this to say, yes it is fully functional but I bet it doesn't like corners very much...:hmm3grin2
orange:

If ever there was a bike created for the weekend warrior and motorcycle enthusiast, this is it. Powered by 24 chainsaw engines, this motorcycle cranks out 168 horsepower and 96 lb-ft of torque. Developed by Dolmar, known for their professional-grade chainsaws, the Dolmette bike is over 12 feet (3.7 meters) long and weighs about 660 pounds (299.4 kilograms). Each engine is pull-started just like a chainsaw and the entire assembly is connected to a 5-speed Harley Davidson transmission.

All the engines combine their power through a series of belts to drive the rear wheel. To test the 24-cylinder engine, Dolmar pitted the bike against race car driver Christina Surer and her 400 horsepower Audi. The Dolmette lost the race by half a second, partly due to the fact that even when the bike was started in 3rd gear, the rider couldn't control the amount of wheel-spin from the rear wheel.

Of course it spun the wheels...
Those are Dolmars hangin' on that thing....
:monkey:

Oh...
And I run a few... Stare at a few....
Curse a few....
I've even flung a few...

yep,for firewood,and trail triming,well and anyother reason i can think of............:D

I ran the xpw today to cut a standing dead sycamore here at the house. It might have been 10":laugh: I did put a 24" on it instead of the 32".:D

Ah so you don't run 'em at all! :laugh:
Take it easy, you can sleep with your saw for all I care, it's just a poll.

Hmm where's the picture of that AS member sleeping with his saw when you need it... Guy had a big grin and all! Possibly one of the best pictures here.

I think that was hedgerow with his 346?

correction- andydodgegeek.

Last edited:
I don't run saws. i just steal pictures off the internet and post them on arboristsite. Then I like to argue with people about what saws are great and what saws suck monkey bottom.

I ran the xpw today to cut a standing dead sycamore here at the house. It might have been 10":laugh: I did put a 24" on it instead of the 32".:D

how bad did that husky bog down in the 10 inch tree :hmm3grin2orange:

Ah so you don't run 'em at all! :laugh:
Take it easy, you can sleep with your saw for all I care, it's just a poll.

Hmm where's the picture of that AS member sleeping with his saw when you need it... Guy had a big grin and all! Possibly one of the best pictures here.

thats andydodgegeek with the lil husky

how bad did that husky bog down in the 10 inch tree :hmm3grin2orange:

Well I had to go easy on it. It was so weak I thought I might have to go to town to the stihl dealer and get a 461 for that big tree. :msp_sneaky:

I think that was hedgerow with his 346?

correction- andydodgegeek.

Hey now!!!! I'll have you know, my 5100S, 540, and twin DCS520's, would cry foul if a 346 got to sleep inside!!!
:doubt:

Aahhh... I see you corrected yerself...

Carry on...
:msp_sneaky:

The weatherman is saying that we will get freezing rain tonight....... and that always provides lots of "opportunities" to cut some wood.
I fired up my current favorite pair of saws -- 260 Pro (20") and 046 Mag (32") -- just to make sure they are ready to go!

pretty typical day today, ran a few saws...

200T
660 Mag

And the sun was shining in Oregon... call it a new years miracle!:rock:

slowp,

There has to be a story here.

271294d1318721165-day-40001_2-jpg

Last edited:
Make my living with mine. When they die they get thrown in a box in the work shop and stripped for parts when I need them. New ones get thrown in the box in the bed of the truck and in a few days of use look just like the old ones. Scratched, beat up, oily and chip covered, I dont care what they look like, all maintenance is to keep them running, chain brakes working, sharp and ready to work every morning.

Last Saturday....

I cut up a big red oak for a buddy. Went alone and took 2-346xp's,268xp,280s,ms260,372xp with a 30'' b&c,and my 2101xp with36''b&c.
I likes to run my saws. Ran all but the ms260.:hmm3grin2orange::rock:

I Start them up something just for the smell of 2 stoke and the sound:msp_smile:and when I cut with them I cut for half hour and spend a hour working on it:msp_mad: made a small box for my 10-10 mac so I can keep it in my truck.

Latest posts

Back