Whos up for a GTG 25mi North of Louisville KY?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a newer AS member, mostly lurker, occasional poster, non professional, heat my own house firewood cutter. My main firewood saw is a McCulloch 10-10s, the only Stihl I own is my orange PPE. Am I welcome at this GTG? I've never been to one but this sounds like fun. Its a little over 4 hours from me, but an old Air Force buddy of mine lives near Henryville. I haven't seen him in a couple years.
Maybe this should be a week long event. The Knob Creek machine gun shoot is the weekend after.:hmm3grin2orange:

I've seen non members show and be just as welcome. Last I've hear AS wasn't a private club. lol

Bring yourself and that McCulloch down and be prepared to have a good time and meet some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Said it all Nik...

OF COURSE YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!! They're a great time. Plus, our host Erick, is one of the most stand-up and nicest guy you'll ever meet. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Boda65 Yes,,bring out the Mcc and I'm bringin mine too!!! :cheers:

Lol!!!

Yeah,Nik,,I'll have the mini mill with me and get Gink to bring the Alaskan...

I hear this joke the other day and thought about you guys coming from KY.

These two wood cutters decide they want to move to Indiana.
They make it to the border (I know where's the river at?)
They are met by a border guard that stops them. He tells them they can only come over if they have skills/jobs that are need in Indiana.
The guard ask the first guy what skills he has. The guy replies "Well heck I'm a wood cutter".
"Oh wood cutter, we don't need any of those, sorry but you can't come across" says the guard.
The first guy puts his head down and walks back into KY.
The second guy walks up.
"What do you do?" says the Guard.
"I'm a pilot" replies the guy.
"Pilot's we need those come across"
the man walks across and enters Ind.
The first guy runs up to the guard in discuss. "Why did you let him though and not me?"
The guard replies "He's a pilot. We need those"
The first guys looks at the guard and replies "Yes, I know he's a pilot. But how is he going to pilot if I ain't a cutting it.?"

To me...

say, what's the smallest diameter limb you can mill?

I dont know right off Nik.Smallest stuff I mill was around 18 inches.....On cants I milled off under 6 inches,with the Alaskan,but with limbs,,,kinda a new project I been workin on,,,but will talk about it at the GTG...Kinda hard to write about it...

I'm going to try and secure some Bass wood this week and maybe get them milled this weekend before the dozers and chippers make mulch out of them if they already haven't.

Well, as of right now I would say that I won't make this one. Never say never, but it ain't looking good.

Got lots to do including helping my son on his fixer upper house he bought this week. Remember the quicker he gets it fixed the quicker he moves out of my house. :cheers:

Well, as of right now I would say that I won't make this one. Never say never, but it ain't looking good.

Got lots to do including helping my son on his fixer upper house he bought this week. Remember the quicker he gets it fixed the quicker he moves out of my house. :cheers:

It is a 2 day deal, hopefully you have a change of heart and come at least for part of one day. And to sweeten the pot for ya, I'll let that beer you owe me go.....

I'm going to try and secure some Bass wood this week and maybe get them milled this weekend before the dozers and chippers make mulch out of them if they already haven't.

if that bass wood dont work out, I have a big cottonwood log that needs milled into cants...

I've found a around a 30 something log. I've seen it yet, but I will get it this weekend. I believe it's a beech log.

Erick I'll need to know where to bring it.

I know where a 5 foot plus Maple is at and I'm going to try to get it the week end after this one. Getting this log maybe just a dream. Since loading it will be almost impossible. But I do have and idea.
This log is in Indy. Anyone around there wants to help me. It would be extremely appriecated.

Latest posts

Back