Whos up for a GTG 25mi North of Louisville KY?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of huge pin oak logs in Memphis from the big ice storm clean up. But it's in an old lady yard and she takes a lot of pride in her yard. So I can't make any ruts at all. If the gound is hard enough we maybe able to get those logs.
I'm thinking we could drive my trailer next to the logs and roll them on using two poles and two ropes and another truck.
If I remember right the biggest log was 32 - 34 inches wide 20 feet from the bell. So they are going to be monsters.

I know where a 5 foot plus monster white oak is at, but it would weeks to get out, if it's not rotted in the middle. It's the one tree I said no to last year. Didn't want nothing to do with it. One of biggest trees I've ever seen around here and it's surrounded by Devil's thorning needles to make it that much harder.

Shhhh... you're scaring off all the help. :laugh:

Sounds good Louie, I'll try to call you tomorrow.

Shhhh... you're scaring off all the help. :laugh:

Sounds good Louie, I'll try to call you tomorrow.

Scared me and that to bad seeing how I live in Memphis.

Small world I guess.
Actually I'd be glad to help but don't have any equipment and the effects of 60yrs. of self destructive behavior is starting to take its toll.I can't promise that I can outwork the old lady you were talking about but I'll give you what I got.Let me know,Ron

I know where a 5 foot plus monster white oak is at, but it would weeks to get out, if it's not rotted in the middle. It's the one tree I said no to last year. Didn't want nothing to do with it. One of biggest trees I've ever seen around here and it's surrounded by Devil's thorning needles to make it that much harder.

I wanna see a video of you cuttin that down with the 3120!!:cheers:

Scared me and that to bad seeing how I live in Memphis.

Small world I guess.
Actually I'd be glad to help but don't have any equipment and the effects of 60yrs. of self destructive behavior is starting to take its toll.I can't promise that I can outwork the old lady you were talking about but I'll give you what I got.Let me know,Ron

Hey neighbor
wavey.gif

I'm guessing you'll win the shortest drive award. :laugh: :cheers:

I wanna see a video of you cuttin that down with the 3120!!:cheers:

I'm afraid it would be more of a video of me getting smashed by the tree. It's been dead for awhile and has a split down the middle. A lot of widow makers on this one. Looks like it might have been hit by lightning.
The limbs on it are bigger than most trees I cut. It has a huge spread. I wish I would have took some pictures of it now.

I may have found us a monster log. But it maybe too much. It is 17 feet around. So I figure it close to 5.5 feet across. It's a maple.

I'm thinking it's too much. What do you guys think?

I think it would be a B!+ch to move!!!

Plus 1 on that. That's why I would think it was too big. It be sweet to see the big 60" bars cut it, but I'd have to miss the event. Because I'd be at the hospital have my colon sewn back in.

I may have found us a monster log. But it maybe too much. It is 17 feet around. So I figure it close to 5.5 feet across. It's a maple.

I'm thinking it's too much. What do you guys think?

:bringit:

If we can load it, it'd sure be a of a lot of fun. :cheers:
(I still need to call you :blush:)

Back