Ya gotta love a good oil thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marathon Hi octane, cause the station is always full of welfare tramps wearing their pajamas at 2 p.m. and no udder cups under their t-shirts,, most of 'em have a bigger belly than boobs and they is usually un-washed. That's the business that's good for me parts,,
Oh yeah,,I mix the fuel with Jonsered 2 stroke mix,,50:1 'cause that's what my stealership sells and I add some ethanol shield. Been using the Lucas stuff.

geez use what oil you like and the gas you like people shouldn't be narrow minded about other peoples choices and opinions :dizzy:

Apparently this is your first oil thread. Congrats. :msp_thumbsup:

i've used valvoline 2 stroke oil for over 20 years.87 non ethanol.sometimes ill add some sea foam or a little bit of marvel mystery oil.hot weather ill add a little stabil to my mix.

I don't always use oil, but when I do I go for the top shelf stuff.

The shelf up top where I keep the oil that is, whatever I happen to have bought last time. Then I mix it with whatever 87 octane E10 I happen to have picked up last.

oh just to add.i wont use synthetic.especially a new or newly reringed saw,bike etc.it wont let the rings seat properly causing blow by and carbon build up around the rings,grooves and piston top.had it happen most recently on a stihl 025 i bought used.compression dropped to around 90lbs.when i opened up the cylinder piston and bore were perfect along with the crank seals.rings hadnt seated.

oh just to add.i wont use synthetic.especially a new or newly reringed saw,bike etc.it wont let the rings seat properly causing blow by and carbon build up around the rings,grooves and piston top.had it happen most recently on a stihl 025 i bought used.compression dropped to around 90lbs.when i opened up the cylinder piston and bore were perfect along with the crank seals.rings hadnt seated.

I call BS. If that were the case synthetic oils wouldn't sell and engine builders wouldn't use them. BTW all of my saws new were given a diet of Motul 800 2T from day one. I guess that's why they cut so poorly! :confused:

Should have been Clearer.Sorry Just stating my Opinion.Posted using my Cellphone early this Morning before I got woke up.The Cylinder was glazed over.Not saying that all Synthetics may do this.Dino oil more or less is Created pretty much Equally these days.Synthetics I'm not to certain on.Sure the Motul 800 may be a good oil.I have used Synthetics on and off when I couldn't get Dino Oil.I just wouldn't use it in a New engine that I'm breaking in.Below is one article I could find.There are others that I have read up on over the years but this is the one I could find.Didn't have a chance to look for others.Got better things to do today like saw some Wood.:msp_thumbup: I love oil Debates.:hmm3grin2orange: It's like talkin' Politics or religion.:hmm3grin2orange:

New Engine Break-in Procedure

I call BS. If that were the case synthetic oils wouldn't sell and engine builders wouldn't use them. BTW all of my saws new were given a diet of Motul 800 2T from day one. I guess that's why they cut so poorly! :confused:

I'm with you on that. I've bought several saws new, and ran em on nothing but Ultra from day one. Oddly enough, the rings sealed just fine....

Smokey Yunick doesn't agree with you.

I use 87 non-ethanol gas mixed with 4oz of Belray H1R and 2oz of 108 Octane Boost per gallon.

I use the 87 because I figure it's fresher than the 91 that no one buys.

The octane boost came about because I build saws with well over 200psi pretty regularly. One saw in particular (Rolltide's 395XP) wanted to run on after a long cut when shut off. The octane boost stopped that issue.

The 32:1 ratio is because 4oz per gallon is simple......real simple. That and the extra oil makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I started using H1R after someone posted a link to a RC site oil comparison (you think us chainsaw heads are freaky check out those guys).

So.....what do you use and why?

I am pleased to see that like me someone else believes in not skimping on the oil content of the premix. I also run 32-1 ratio I posted on another forum & was roasted for suggesting that more oil [within reason = more power carb adjusted to suit] but from my 30+years of motor cycle road racing [I have dyno sheets that show it to be so]But if its not 100-1 then if you go a richer oil ratio than 50-1 you will probably struck dead or some other dreadful happening. The warranty will be null & void etc. I would much rather have it this way than having to possibly buy a new top end & possibly worse,to save pence/cents worth less oil,still to each his own, but to me it seems like a peeing contest as to the LEAST amount of oil that can be used

Wish I could find an old can of this stuff from the 1970's,
that I ran in the the ring-dings.
White paper, steel ended with orange lettering that said...
"Analube" .
The oil was orange too.

Yeah yeah, everybody got knee-slappy about the name,
clerk at the bike shop always giggled when he rung it up.
....think it was proclaimed to be from analogues(?) to dino-lube
or some such 70's speak.

No scuffing, or heavy crud on the sides of the slug.
Rings were free, nice light oily sheen to bottom end
when you pulled the jug, to massage the ports a bit more.
So... where'd it go ??

They changed the name to Astroglide

Back