Youngest CAD victim - Yes there are pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday Digger. there is hope for a few kids! Small engine genius by 20 if he can manage different hobbies and girls all at the same time

Happy Birthday Digger! the 1-0! Double digits.

Keep up the good saw work, Looks like your already a good bragain hunter, kinda like John King...lol

Happy Birthday Digger!

Happy Birthday Digger. there is hope for a few kids! Small engine genius by 20 if he can manage different hobbies and girls all at the same time

The girls sre the down fall of many a good man especially the wrong one.:msp_smile:

happy birthday digger. enjoy the days

Happy Birthday Digger! the 1-0! Double digits.

Keep up the good saw work, Looks like your already a good bragain hunter, kinda like John King...lol

Digger asked me to say "Thanks" on his behalf. He would say it himself but he is having his favorite meal for lunch. His mom fixed bacon sandwiches and chocolate cake with ice cream.

Happy Birthday Digger!!!!

chainsawCake.jpg

Marc:
bought an 026 from you a year ago from the trading post ads here. Been meaning to PM you, but since this thread is all kid related it fits here.
Saw was exactly as described, well packed and shipped. comp was 140-145, a bit struggling with the 3/8 chain but ran ok.
The goal was to build it up a bit as a Christmas present for oldest son (29) He really didn't 'need' a saw, but he ran my old 026 quite a bit when younger (we heated with wood), so I picked it as a good sort of first saw, and built by me. Lowered the cylinder, mild porting and muffler work, and it runs really strong. 170+ compression, maybe will get a touch better as rings seat in.

We did a lawnmower when AJ was 7, a couple of mc, car stuff. In his high school days, he put a V6 into a 4 cyl Nissan pickup and did the entire wiring harness changeout and hybrid work as well as the mechanical. Then tech school, worked at Dodge and VW dealerships, built a Dodge Stratus 95 I think, with a couple turbos and lots of laptop work. Insurance appraiser and construction, now moved on to starting a construction company dealing with insurance restorations.
So, whether digger ends up as a small engine wizard (probably not, given how fast their career and life plans change at that age) or not doesn't matter. The skills learned, and more importantly the father son time is priceless. In a short few years you will become an idiot, but slowly you get smarter..... And all the father son time now makes that launch into life a whole lot better.

great thread, hang in there.

kevin j
Minnesota

Marc:
bought an 026 from you a year ago from the trading post ads here. Been meaning to PM you, but since this thread is all kid related it fits here.
Saw was exactly as described, well packed and shipped. comp was 140-145, a bit struggling with the 3/8 chain but ran ok.
The goal was to build it up a bit as a Christmas present for oldest son (29) He really didn't 'need' a saw, but he ran my old 026 quite a bit when younger (we heated with wood), so I picked it as a good sort of first saw, and built by me. Lowered the cylinder, mild porting and muffler work, and it runs really strong. 170+ compression, maybe will get a touch better as rings seat in.

We did a lawnmower when AJ was 7, a couple of mc, car stuff. In his high school days, he put a V6 into a 4 cyl Nissan pickup and did the entire wiring harness changeout and hybrid work as well as the mechanical. Then tech school, worked at Dodge and VW dealerships, built a Dodge Stratus 95 I think, with a couple turbos and lots of laptop work. Insurance appraiser and construction, now moved on to starting a construction company dealing with insurance restorations.
So, whether digger ends up as a small engine wizard (probably not, given how fast their career and life plans change at that age) or not doesn't matter. The skills learned, and more importantly the father son time is priceless. In a short few years you will become an idiot, but slowly you get smarter..... And all the father son time now makes that launch into life a whole lot better.

great thread, hang in there.

kevin j
Minnesota

I remember that 026, you were really looking for the Pro model but settled on that one. I'm glad you were satisfied with the deal. This site and encouragement from guys like you are what put the thought in my mind on getting Digger involved. Congratulations on the success with your son and thanks for the encouragement with mine! I remember when my own Dad went from "idiot" to "wise old sage". It's amazing what you learn when you get out in the world and have to earn your own way.

After being on my own for years I came home at age 23, shook my dad's hand, thanked him and gave him a hug. I told him "I" was the idiot. I am sure he already knew that :msp_wink:

I threw a house party at 18 pops kicked me out, we didn't talk for 4 years. Now were close again. I have my own family and he loves coming to play with my kids and help me with the projects around my house. You can not imagine how badly I wish I could get those lost years back.

I threw a house party at 18 pops kicked me out, we didn't talk for 4 years. Now were close again. I have my own family and he loves coming to play with my kids and help me with the projects around my house. You can not imagine how badly I wish I could get those lost years back.

I was / am a "prodigal son" myself. I left at 17 to join the military because I was smarter and better than my family. That's been MANY years ago now and I recognize the experience as part of what makes me want to stay close to my parents now. It also helps me remember to spend as much time with my kids as I can.

Maybe those "lost years" were an investment that is paying off in memorable times now. That's the way I try to look at it.

It still surprises me how much this thread strikes a common feeling in so many people here.

I am just very happy I got to clear things up with my dad. We had such a great relationship after that (14years). I learned to go to him and ask and he was always there to answer. Now I can't ask anymore. Now I am dad to three soon to be four. Now I get to choose to be my kids best friend or their dad. I am glad my dad chose to love me enough to be a dad. MAN! Remind me not to peel onions while typing on A.S.

DANG! I wish I had a father who would have helped me with stuff like that. Id ask when hed be doing projects, "dad, can I help?" "No. Now If you go sit over there, you can stay out of my way." Or the usual, "maybe later"

So I signed up for "tech ed" where we did wood working, and built CO2 cars, and a model rocked. (mind you I was in 6th grade.) I learned how to use the "basics" and then, I had the itch to get a snowmobile. So i asked for dern near 5 years. Got one 2 years ago for christmas. Cheap, worked, suprised it ran. It had a broken crank. Didnt expect it to run. So when he went on his winter ice fishing trip (never includes us) I ebayed up a used crank, and pulled engine. split it all apart, and rebuilt it. Know how? Yea. Taught myself. Out of books, reading forums, and youtube helped some too. He came home and I said "dad. Can I show you something?" we went to the shed, I showed him the broken crank "dad, Merry christmas." That was the golden rule. He intentionally bought a sled with a bad crank. thinking id get out of the hobby because of the cost. Nope. He learned that since he was not the father he should have been. he failed on me.

It doesnt help that when he sorta acted like a father, he wasnt. Then he fell out of a tree stand 20' up in the air. Crushed 4 vertabrae, 9 ribs broken, and gashed his skull in. I would have hoped that after 4 months of taking care of his equipment, wheelers, truck, vehicles, house.... that he would respect me. Nope, he changed. Sour attitude to everyone. november 6th 2007. Life has been different around here.

Guys, Dont do this to your kids. I love my mother to DEATH! but cannot say the same to my dad. He has failed me. I look up to my scoutmaster (im a life scout) as more of a fatherly figure than he. Too bad! Digger must be DANG lucky to have a loveable father. I love the thread, keep on keepin on!

DANG! I wish I had a father who would have helped me with stuff like that. Id ask when hed be doing projects, "dad, can I help?" "No. Now If you go sit over there, you can stay out of my way." Or the usual, "maybe later"

So I signed up for "tech ed" where we did wood working, and built CO2 cars, and a model rocked. (mind you I was in 6th grade.) I learned how to use the "basics" and then, I had the itch to get a snowmobile. So i asked for dern near 5 years. Got one 2 years ago for christmas. Cheap, worked, suprised it ran. It had a broken crank. Didnt expect it to run. So when he went on his winter ice fishing trip (never includes us) I ebayed up a used crank, and pulled engine. split it all apart, and rebuilt it. Know how? Yea. Taught myself. Out of books, reading forums, and youtube helped some too. He came home and I said "dad. Can I show you something?" we went to the shed, I showed him the broken crank "dad, Merry christmas." That was the golden rule. He intentionally bought a sled with a bad crank. thinking id get out of the hobby because of the cost. Nope. He learned that since he was not the father he should have been. he failed on me.

It doesnt help that when he sorta acted like a father, he wasnt. Then he fell out of a tree stand 20' up in the air. Crushed 4 vertabrae, 9 ribs broken, and gashed his skull in. I would have hoped that after 4 months of taking care of his equipment, wheelers, truck, vehicles, house.... that he would respect me. Nope, he changed. Sour attitude to everyone. november 6th 2007. Life has been different around here.

Guys, Dont do this to your kids. I love my mother to DEATH! but cannot say the same to my dad. He has failed me. I look up to my scoutmaster (im a life scout) as more of a fatherly figure than he. Too bad! Digger must be DANG lucky to have a loveable father. I love the thread, keep on keepin on!

Intense stuff for a man of your age. I wouldn't normally call a 17 year old a man, but sometimes there are exceptions. You seem to be one.

Rep for you, good wishes and prayers as well.

dd

Latest posts

Back