Did Some Cuttin this evening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
Well I finally got to put my Uncles new toy to some wood. I can say that with the dual port on his 044 it is the stronger of his two saws...........but...........but.........that there ms362 is one hell of a good saw. I wasn't too impressed or surprised. Ive run ported and none ported 562xp's and the way he and others have talked it up I was expecting it to be a good saw. So yeah It was a good saw, I had to really lean on it in the ash to get it to bog down. He loves his yellow link stihl, and with it on there that saw makes quick work of firewood. I would say that if your a stihl guy, the ms362 is for you. If your a Husqvarna guy go for the 562xp. I like Husqvarna's and I like my Husky dealer so I like my Husqvarna's. My Uncle lives near a stihl dealer he likes and they've never steered him wrong so he went ms362xp and is happy with it.
I did let him run my little rancher with the 55 closed port top end. It has no gasket, muffler modded. He was very impressed with it, told me "it cuts out of its league, like a larger saw" Yeah, I like it too.
We had a great night. Got to clean up my buddies farm a little and I got to run one nice saw. He got to run a saw that is almost as old as me and warmed over a little. I think he had fun too.

p.s. I got that 041 running already uncle mike, its gonna live at Kents untill I fix his saw.

Fart your crazy! I gotta buddy likes his 390 that wears a 290 recoil, but he owns a 066, 064, 056magII, 056, 045, ms460. Then a bunch of little ones. Hey, you ever run a new mtronic/autotune yet???

No, i'm really sheltered when it comes to all these fancy saws you guys have. All i've had is ancient homelites and weak little sears and echo homeowner specials. So when i got my MS390 it was like i had attained a monumental powerhouse of a saw in comparison to those. Since i never run any other huge/expensive saws, i'm happy with my MS390. Plus if somebody steals it, they'll be pissed it's just an MS390. So i see it as a win win for me.IMAG0308.jpg

Fart, don't knock it too much. My cousins fella has a ms290 and he heats there house just fine with it. Sharp chain makes up where power might lack. Shoot, my pops went from a xl12 to his ms460, to him that stock ms460 is a light saber.

The guy talked like the 390 was a cutting dude! I've never been around one myself. for some reason I was thinking they were clam shell design.

About 5 years ago when i walked into my local stihl dealer, i had every intention of buying the biggest saw he had. Just for the hell of it. This was before i'd heard of arboristsite. The biggest saw he had in stock was an MS390. Later i'd discover after talking to many locals that this local stihl dealer was THE WORST and always had a poorly stocked store and a bad attitude. So i found a better stihl dealer.
Yet if things had been different and he'd had a 440, 660, and 880 in stock, in retrospect i'd probably have bought the MS390 anyway just from the sticker shock of the bigger saws.

About 5 years ago when i walked into my local stihl dealer, i had every intention of buying the biggest saw he had. Just for the hell of it. This was before i'd heard of arboristsite. The biggest saw he had in stock was an MS390. Later i'd discover after talking to many locals that this local stihl dealer was THE WORST and always had a poorly stocked store and a bad attitude. So i found a better stihl dealer.
Yet if things had been different and he'd had a 440, 660, and 880 in stock, in retrospect i'd probably have bought the MS390 anyway just from the sticker shock of the bigger saws.
That's why I'll never own a new saw of any brand.not that I wouldn't like to walk in and pick up a new 461.

Matt said, " I can say that with the dual port on his 044 it is the stronger of his two saws...........but...........but.........that there ms362 is one hell of a good saw. I wasn't too impressed or surprised." So, he thought it would be a good saw, but nothing impressive or surprising about it. I've run mine very little, but hope to get it out and do some cutting in a couple of weeks. I am not surprised by the saw, but, so far, I am impressed.

Well I finally got to put my Uncles new toy to some wood. I can say that with the dual port on his 044 it is the stronger of his two saws...........but...........but.........that there ms362 is one hell of a good saw. I wasn't too impressed or surprised. Ive run ported and none ported 562xp's and the way he and others have talked it up I was expecting it to be a good saw. So yeah It was a good saw, I had to really lean on it in the ash to get it to bog down. He loves his yellow link stihl, and with it on there that saw makes quick work of firewood. I would say that if your a stihl guy, the ms362 is for you. If your a Husqvarna guy go for the 562xp. I like Husqvarna's and I like my Husky dealer so I like my Husqvarna's. My Uncle lives near a stihl dealer he likes and they've never steered him wrong so he went ms362xp and is happy with it.
I did let him run my little rancher with the 55 closed port top end. It has no gasket, muffler modded. He was very impressed with it, told me "it cuts out of its league, like a larger saw" Yeah, I like it too.
We had a great night. Got to clean up my buddies farm a little and I got to run one nice saw. He got to run a saw that is almost as old as me and warmed over a little. I think he had fun too.

p.s. I got that 041 running already uncle mike, its gonna live at Kents untill I fix his saw.
I really think most people are taking the 362c and trying to make it into a full blown big saw??? I bought mine with intentions of replacing my 261 with this 362 with an 18 b/c. I really feel people are pushing it to its limits with a 24 b/c?? All Ill say is it performs far beyond what I expected with the 18 b/c cutting 16 and under firewood. IF i need anything bigger I have a 441. If u want to cut bigger wood go on and buy a 441c, 372, or a 7900 and quit thinking the 362c is a 70cc saw or port the 362c. Keep in mind this 362c is a different animal from the carb 362

Back